Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
3,101 Posts
Best wishes for a timely delivery. Only hitch in my delivery was that my car sat at the train station for 10 days waiting on a 2 hour truck ride to the dealership.
Pics on delivery! Here is the first pic of mine at the dealer in the rain.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: jtcostanzo

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Best wishes for a timely delivery. Only hitch in my delivery was that my car sat at the train station for 10 days waiting on a 2 hour truck ride to the dealership.
Pics on delivery! Here is the first pic of mine at the dealer in the rain.

View attachment 304164
Man I hope I can be there when she rolls off the truck! Did you let the dealer detail it? I’m iffy on that.
I’m already in talks with a local shop to immediately have it PPF’d, ceramic coated, and tinted.

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
Man I hope I can be there when she rolls off the truck! Did you let the dealer detail it? I’m iffy on that.
I’m already in talks with a local shop to immediately have it PPF’d, ceramic coated, and tinted.
You are on the right track. My dealer was under strict orders to not touch the exterior of the car in any way by my detail shop! The next day, it was picked up in an enclosed trailer and whisked off to the detail shop. There, it received full paint correction, gloss enhancement, ceramic, PPF, tint and rock guards. Best $3600 I ever spent! Here it is in the trailer and finished.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
You are on the right track. My dealer was under strict orders to not touch the exterior of the car in any way by my detail shop! The next day, it was picked up in an enclosed trailer and whisked off to the detail shop. There, it received gloss enhancement, ceramic, PPF, tint and rock guards. Best $3600 I ever spent! Here it is in the trailer and finished.
View attachment 304165

View attachment 304166
Dude, indigo blue is such a beautiful color! I may not do the whole enclosed trailer thing but I will definitely tell the dealer to keep their mitts off. Good call on the rock guards. I’m looking at getting some put on as well.

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
Dude, indigo blue is such a beautiful color! I may not do the whole enclosed trailer thing but I will definitely tell the dealer to keep their mitts off. Good call on the rock guards. I’m looking at getting some put on as well.
Yeah, if it had been local, would have just driven it. But, my local dealer refused to order me a manual car so had to go 1 hour out of town. Didn't want the car on the interstate exposed and detail shop went and got it for only $100! Couldn't turn it down. Rock guards are a great idea. Especially since mine was a wide body. Good luck Brother! You're gonna love it!
I remember how excited I was when my car came in. Enjoy every minute of it! (y):)

Reactions: jtcostanzo

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
Yeah, if it had been local, would have just driven it. But, my local dealer refused to order me a manual car so had to go 1 hour out of town. Didn't want the car on the interstate exposed and detail shop went and got it for only $100! Couldn't turn it down. Rock guards are a great idea. Especially since mine was a wide body. Good luck Brother! You're gonna love it!
I remember how excited I was when my came in. Enjoy every minute of it! (y):)
Oh yeah, left out that before the gloss enhancement, they did a full paint correction as well. This is required before the ceramic, even on a brand new car.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Oh yeah, left out that before the gloss enhancement, they did a full paint correction as well. This is required before the ceramic, even on a brand new car.
That is something I wondered about. I knew paint corrections were done as part of the process but wasn’t sure if new cars straight from the factory needed it as well. Good info!

Delivery date bumped up to July 11th now. So close, yet so far!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts