Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we all knew it had to start sometime, so 2 days after I got my car, I decided I needed to change it. . . So the first mod going on my Challenger is extremely functional here in Iowa where 25% of my travel is on gravel, so the first change to my Challenger will be going on after the bath on Saturday. Hopefully the splash guards will protect me a little!

·
Registered
357 Posts
It's too late. You have become infected with the Modd bug. Do not attempt to resist it, it only makes it harder on you. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Well, we all knew it had to start sometime, so 2 days after I got my car, I decided I needed to change it. . . So the first mod going on my Challenger is extremely functional here in Iowa where 25% of my travel is on gravel, so the first change to my Challenger will be going on after the bath on Saturday. Hopefully the splash guards will protect me a little!
Good move....they really help!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, and Rajunz, all I have seen those do is get packed with bugs that dont come off. . . I will just wash, wax, and touch up as I go!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I 100% agree with Rajunz

If you driving on gravel, your going to chip like crazy. The ONLY thing you can really do to keep safe is 3M you lower quarter panels. I have seen the result of gravel, it makes me cry (well, on the inside).

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am with you Gilbert, I noticed on the Charger I traded that the flare before the rear tire wast pretty much chipped clean off. . . I was sad every time I washed it and say the wear. . . I do work with an ex-bodyman who has given me some pointers.

I went to put the guards on today and realized I don't have the right tip for my riveter to put the plastic rivets in. . . off to the car parts store tomorrow. . .

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
E-brake cover

Got my first appearance mod. Couldn't take the 3 pedals being bright without the e-brake! Makes so much more sense now! Since I can only add one picture from my phone and they are all about the same, here we go.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Nice Mod! What's next?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree with ya ninja! Well I thought that would be good for a while. . .
Now that your laughing I am debating exhaust, catch can, skip shift eliminator(it still scares the crap out of me) or painting a few trim pieces. All in good time which seems to be much shorter than I expected. . .

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally. . .Made my R/T sound like a real V8. Had the resonators removed and replaced with welded in straight pipes! Now to get the car on the lift and rotate tires and install skip-shift elininator

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's a little teaser for ya!

So as I wait for the last piece to finish this little mod, I figured I would share a taste of what will be done later tonight.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Here was my little project for the day. Just the shifter now, saving up for a short shift system! Before and after pictures.
HUGE Improvement!!! One of the best interior mods IMO!!!!!!:smileup:
Great job!

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
Nice work! Though I'm fine with the modern pistol handle, the classic handle looks more cool to me.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Exhaust done. . .

Since I had the resonators removed, I have loved the sound I got from my Hemi. Now that I have the right look, I can say I am done with the exhaust! These are Ebay tips, not Mopar for to reasons. #1 I never liked how the Mopar tips stuck out so far from the bumper to show off the logo, and since I had to cut off my pipes anyway I was able to make these sit nice and flush! #2 I just couldn't bring myself to spend $170+ for exhaust tips. I love the way they look, so I am happy with my <$75 mod!

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Christmas finally shows up

So I got retro gauge faces for a Christmas gift! I was very excited, but as i had been looking through different people pictures, I noticed on wyo.hemi's gauges that the white barrels stuck out ore than I wanted. So I found some Chrysler Dark Slate Grey to paint the white. SO thanks to bad8nti and wyo.hemi, I am happy to now sho off my gauges faces, painted barrels, and painted needles!

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts