·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
60,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Colorado has become Commiefornia light by adopting their emissions requirements. First emissions test coming up this month on my 426 stroker with no cats. Just going to spend a little coin every 2 years to have my engine builder temporarily add some cats and do a little tuning to get back in compliance. Then back to smelling bad once I get the new tags :love:. While there, I’m getting it tuned for E85 so there you go greenies... going corn fed for ya!

·
Premium Member
'21 Challenger RT Plus, Black Top.
958 Posts
I'm also worried about the banning of any kind of replacement parts for ICE In general. Say a few years down the road someone wants to rebuild their engine but can't because of those parts being outlawed . Will crate motors get the chopping block as well, will we be stuck with cars that can't be fixed as a result

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,927 Posts
I'm also worried about the banning of any kind of replacement parts for ICE In general. Say a few years down the road someone wants to rebuild their engine but can't because of those parts being outlawed . Will crate motors get the chopping block as well, will we be stuck with cars that can't be fixed as a result
I don't think your concerns are unwarranted, but a very well possible future outcome!

Not just for Mopar owners either, but for all ICE brands.

• Angry
Reactions: MommaBetty

·
Registered
2011 SXT Pw7 Bright White Challenger
4,656 Posts
The Tuning Days are going to be over ran by Agenda Driven radicals. Very sad times upon us and this is the crap people are voting for who have been
brain washed. This is going to do a few things drive cost up on items and make them even more scarce. Total lunacy and many do not understand
this kind of stuff happened in the 70's and 80's and now going to happen again when the Craze of EV is being shoved.

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
5,060 Posts
It is starting indeed. This is the camel's nose under the tent.

·
Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
5,233 Posts
Smile Font Electric blue Art Symmetry

·
Registered
2011 SXT Pw7 Bright White Challenger
4,656 Posts
Colorado has become Commiefornia light by adopting their emissions requirements. First emissions test coming up this month on my 426 stroker with no cats. Just going to spend a little coin every 2 years to have my engine builder temporarily add some cats and do a little tuning to get back in compliance. Then back to smelling bad once I get the new tags :love:. While there, I’m getting it tuned for E85 so there you go greenies... going corn fed for ya!
Yeah but remember E85 was blowing up the new Hemi Dodge Just put out for sale in a Crate that is suppose to be in the new yet to be unveiled Challenger.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Man if I have to re-live the 70's again there better be Sex Drugs & Rock N Roll involved 😎

Hopefully like the Emissions Change, drop of Compression. HP & TQ drop, (especially by 80 to 85), the Car MFG's will figure a way to bring it back and keep it legal. They know people want performance, HP, and adjustability. Plus if anyones been paying attention to how many Bicycle Lithium Batterys have burned down apartments in NY, 200 fires already this year with 6 deaths (and I have to assume this is happening in your citys too?). One has to assume this may become a big issue with EV cars as time goes on (+ we all know we DON'T have an infrastructure for EV's yet).
POINT BEING.... I dont see ICE going away anytime soon and who knows if EV's will stay. As long as there are computers controlling cars people will figure a way to alter them for added HP

OR
I'll just do what ive been doing forever, get a 2 year registration and when it expires if I can't get it inspected Ill buy another and start over, LOL ......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts