Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:Hey: How many of you have taken the LEAD on purchasing a MoPar and a family member followed into the deep part of the water?

Or, you are the one that FOLLOWED? :smileup:

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,671 Posts
Hey Tony what's up?No I am pretty much on my own. No relatives have followed my path.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
My dad is the leader, bought a 2007 Charger back in... well 2007. I was bumming around in an Explorer at the time. Few years later the timing was right and I joined suit and got a Challenger! He still won't race me though lol says he's "too old for that mumbo jumbo" haha :i_rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This is my "Lil Sis" RIDE...

His name is "Coal"; he is a 2013 SXT in SoCal. :smileup: My sister and my son helped me paint the wheels.

I flew to Los Angeles with a box of goodies:
1. Ram Air (by Cervini) for under the hood routing of air flow.
2. Functional Hood Vents.
3. Hood Pins.
4. Custom Rear Badging ("MOPAR design").
5. "Go Wing".
6. Painted Wheels BLACK (Plasti-Dip), with RED paint inside wheels & Calipers.

I didn't have my tools to install the Wing, and Ram Air

Oh yeah, I left my 'Cuda Tribute Edition in SoCal for a MONTH!!!! :doh: Only because I knew I'd be going back. But, I left it in good hands with this guy...:SHOCKED:

This is my college graduate son that played football for the Utes. :smileup: (University of Utah)

:hah:He looks trustworthy, and took great care of the 'Cuda... :4-looney: Plus, whose going to mess with this guy. :box2:

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Tony what's up?No I am pretty much on my own. No relatives have followed my path.

Hey there Corbin...

I tried to call you this Sunday afternoon, as I rolled thru Arizona. :4-dontknow:

:4-looney:I'm getting toooo old for these cross-country trips (1425 miles one-way) by myself. I got home late last night and I am beat. :i_rolleyes:

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
Hey Tony!

Love what you all done with "Coal". I've been thinking about powdercoating my Heritage wheels black. One of our Z forum members with Photoshop skills mocked up this photo for me, so I'm really warming up to the idea.

Out of curiosity, did your son play at the same time this guy was at Utah?

·
Registered
22,665 Posts
I remember when my Dad brought home the new 68 Chrysler Newport LOL, but I guess I'm the lead on modern Mopar Muscle in the family.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Tony!

Love what you all done with "Coal". I've been thinking about powdercoating my Heritage wheels black. One of our Z forum members with Photoshop skills mocked up this photo for me, so I'm really warming up to the idea.

Out of curiosity, did your son play at the same time this guy was at Utah?

Yeah... My son played DB with Weddle, Alex Smith, Steve Smith, and a lot of other guys who's last names are hard to spell.

Four bowl game wins:
Las Vegas W10-6 (USC) Dec 2001,
Liberty W17-0 (Southern Miss) Dec 2003,
Fiesta W35-7 (Pitt) Jan 2005,
Emerald W35-10 (Georgia Tech) Dec 2005.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My whole family are Chevy fans. My best friend and her family are Ford fans. I stand alone, but I have not a single problem with that. :rockon:

·
12,990 Posts
My father was a might Mopar owner and wouldn't drive anything else, and now just like myself it looks like my younger daughter has caught the bug.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
I've had lots of Jeeps (if you consider them MOPAR), my immediate family never owned any Mopars, but my husband has had several throughout his life, including our '70 'Cuda that we currently own.

....Hey Tony, now I understand why you let your son take your ride!:smileup:

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
The first MOPAR I ever purchased was my 2010 Challenger. Then we bought a 2011 Durango Citadel, the wife bought a 2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited, we bought a 2006 Jeep Unlimited for our 17 yo and our 19 yo bought a 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab 4x4. My neighbors think I am running a used car lot, I have five vehicles in the drive way and ALL are MOPAR.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You could say my dad was first with his 2007 Caliber SXT. I then followed with my 2012 Charger SE. My brother then went and got a 2008 Charger SE. I then went and got my 2014 Challenger RT. So the men of my family drive Mopars!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was born into a mopar family. My first car was a 1973 Charger with a 340 4sp. I have only owned one non mopar vehicle in my life.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts