Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday while at work while I was on break I was outside watching it rain and this lady was walking into the bank stopped and asked, "That's your Challenger, right?" First, I was thrilled she called it a Challenger lol... second, the car is parked all the way around back so I'm no where near it for her to assume it's mine. I replied, "Yes mam that's my baby!" She said, "It looks real nice. It's a neat car." Which just struck me as odd, neat really isn't a word that comes to mind when looking at these cars.

But the thing that really made me wonder was why she thought it was mine in the first place, so I just had to ask. Granted I'm one of two guys that work with a bunch of ladies but that shouldn't make a difference! So I walked in and actually ended up helping her as she had business related questions also, at the end I struck up the convo again and just asked,

So, I have to ask, what made you think it was mine?

"Well honestly I just figured, young guy working at the bank, cool car, must be yours!"

Which, sure, she was right. But then it happened Sunday again, I'm at the gas station with about 5 other people when this young girl taps me on the shoulder and asks, "That your car?" pointing right at it. Immediately I'm like alright this is weird. I tell her yea and she compliments me, asks me where I bought it, etc, etc.

Which all got me to thinking, do people that own Challengers have a certain look to them? Or do they just catch us lovingly staring at our cars all the time and know?

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,055 Posts
Dave, another thing to add to your story is that in both situations the compliments come from women! The gals love these cars just as much as men. Chick magnet!!
As for your other question about how they can tell it is yours, you must just be the happiest looking person there, so it is easy to assume you are the owner.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think you answered your own question, "Or do they just catch us lovingly staring at our cars all the time and know?"

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's definitely the "us lovingly staring at our cars all the time." When I leave for work, as I get in the commuter car, I look back at the garage and stare at the headlamps. I swear it's telling me, "Have a nice day at work!"

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you answered your own question, "Or do they just catch us lovingly staring at our cars all the time and know?"
You may be right! I'm always either staring, talking about, or thinking about driving my car lol :D

It's definitely the "us lovingly staring at our cars all the time." When I leave for work, as I get in the commuter car, I look back at the garage and stare at the headlamps. I swear it's telling me, "Have a nice day at work!"
After I park my car I always look back at it and see this

I like to imagine she's pissed off and like, "Well I guess I'll wait here for 8 hours!" haha :smileup:

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
All of the questions that have been directed my way regarding my Challenger have come from men. Most of them seem surprised that it's "my car." "Is this your husband's car??" I get that a lot.

One time, while picking up my son at Middle School, one of the mom's I know came over to me and asked if this was my car......"Yes" I said...."IT'S CUTE" she said.

REALLY????

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Challenger owners tend to be handsome men and beautiful women so people tend to know whose car it is. I of course fall in this category, well, at least I own a Challenger.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All of the questions that have been directed my way regarding my Challenger have come from men. Most of them seem surprised that it's "my car." "Is this your husband's car??" I get that a lot.

One time, while picking up my son at Middle School, one of the mom's I know came over to me and asked if this was my car......"Yes" I said...."IT'S CUTE" she said.

REALLY????
There is a lady here that always come through in her green Jeep with a sticker across the visor line that says "No, it's NOT my husbands!" I always laugh when I see her coming. Maybe you should look into something like that! And as far as the "cute" comment... That what I'm talking about! Neat, cute, not words I'm looking for when describing the Challenger! :shakehead:

Challenger owners tend to be handsome men and beautiful women so people tend to know whose car it is. I of course fall in this category, well, at least I own a Challenger.
I'll definitely agree with this! :rep:

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts

REALLY????
I usually get "Your wife let you drive her car?"……..then they are surprised when I tell them its mine. I guess they think it's pink and it's owned by a female.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.