Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got a not "so nice" surprise when I opened my trunk today! I am going hunting today and using every ammunition I could buy in town to kill my prey! Look at my pics and you will understand!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
Damn Betty, that sux big time!! We live in the country also and haven't had any problem with critters IN the vehicles. We keep Decon in the current garage all year long. They seem to go through it much quicker in fall and winter (probably when they're actually holed up inside out of the weather). I keep dryer sheets in my glove box and trunk all year long also, and then put them everywhere inside and in the engine compartment during winter storage. I've used them in campers throughout the years and they do keep the rodents at bay...........

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was completely shocked to see this! I think it was a stroke of luck that I had a box of kleenix in the trunk. They seem to love tearing into them. Might be a good tip for the rest of you. Just keep a box in the trunk. A sure way to know if you have mice! I cleaned out the trunk thoroughly, put two sticky mouse traps in the car, put decon in the garage, and put the mouse deterrent in the battery compartment and also under the hood. I will give you some updates in the morning!

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,461 Posts
Get 'em, Betty! After you get rid of them, use dryer sheets to keep them away.

I keep two cloth-pinned to the AC line and the ground lug in the engine bay. One behind the drivers seat and one in the trunk.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No and that's what scares me! I folded down the seats, couldn't see any signs of mouse droppings, so we will see in the morning if there are any mice in those sticky traps. Oh yuk!! Maybe I should let Boots (my kitty) sleep in the car tonight? But then there would be way too much cat hair to clean up!

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah, not to try and gross you out or anything, but some body parts don't get ate. That wouldn't be pretty to clean up!

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat, 6 Speed Manual
1,103 Posts
Sorry to hear that Betty, go get em!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Man Betty, that really sucks! Had the same thing that happened to me in my Camaro years ago...never found the sucker either.

Snap traps with peanut butter is what works the best!

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those sticky traps have some peanut butter tasting pellets on them. If I don't get results, I will get the old-fashioned traps out! My father-in-law has a few of those!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Good thing they did not get into the engine compartment to munch on your wiring.
This happened to my BMW X5 a few years ago.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,571 Posts
Those sticky traps have some peanut butter tasting pellets on them. If I don't get results, I will get the old-fashioned traps out! My father-in-law has a few of those!
Hope you get it straightened out.Is it mice or pack rats do you think?

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
YIKES!!!! Oh Nooooooooo!!! Had that happen to me once a few years back.....I keep dryer sheets now under my seats, in my trunk and glove box all year long. Hopefully they didn't chew on anything electrical. Go get'em girl!!!

·
12,989 Posts
You need a good mouser Betty!!

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have two cats that are pretty good at that, but I have kept them out of the garage. Maybe I will have to park the Challenger outside a few nights and put the cats in the garage!

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hope you get it straightened out.Is it mice or pack rats do you think?
Yikes, no rats at our house that I know of. Pretty sure it is a mouse or mice (plural)!

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
Betty, when going to war, you need a gun. I have a small gun that I'll let you borrow.

Let me know if you need it. Here's a pic of it.

Attachments

Reactions: wyo.hemi

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well......thanks John! That is exactly what crossed my mind when I opened the trunk. I do have a shotgun and a couple of rifles, but maybe I should be patient and try those traps first. If I get one, you are all going to see the kill!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts