Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got off another Mustang site because I was checking to see if any news has started leaking yet about the 2015 Mustang top dog HP numbers. Silly me...just has to read comments...LOL The denial or ignorance or whatever it is is really getting thick out there folks!! There is so much posting about the Hellcat being inferior it just makes me laugh out loud. First of all....most everyone out there refuses to admit that a Super Snake IS NOT a factory car...and you are not going to change their minds...LOL:shakehead: But the over and over reoccurring theme I keep seeing is...a 2014 GT500 in stock form would have no trouble beating a Hellcat in the quarter. The stated "wisdom" is...the Hellcat is a heavy brick and needs way more than a 40 horsepower advantage to overcome that. No where do they admit that the 2014 Ford still doesn't have an IRS like the Hellcat. Nowhere will you hear that there just might be some advantage of a race engineered 8-speed automatic transmission over the 6-speed manual only transmission found in the GT500 for getting better quarter mile times....and I won't even go into the adjustable suspension and shift points the Hellcat has...much less what I'm pretty sure is going to be a raved about traction control set-up once all the REAL drivers start writing about what they are seeing. No...nowhere do you hear any off this...only how a stock 2014 GT500 will beat a Hellcat on the quarter no problem. Now don't get me wrong...I do not expect Ford to take all this laying down...which is why I was looking to start with....and I fully expect Fords will continue to be easier to mod for horsepower than a Chrysler in the future do to a few factors....but come on. If you are going to post things....at least be fair about it...unless you are really just that insecure about what Dodge is doing.:gy:

·
12,990 Posts
Im sure there are a lot of jealous people out there Dan, BUT,,,, tough $h!t !!!

Reactions: friendoffur

·
12,990 Posts
LMAO...Now you are sounding a bit like me Alan!!:hah:
Well, i think your in a class of your own Dan, keep up the good work!! :smileup:

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
My neighbor....and good friend is a die hard Mustang guy....he owns 4 gorgeous Stangs...including an Eleanor. He feels that without a doubt, his 2014 GT500 will crush the Hellcat in the quarter mile. We'll see I guess.

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My neighbor....and good friend is a die hard Mustang guy....he owns 4 gorgeous Stangs...including an Eleanor. He feels that without a doubt, his 2014 GT500 will crush the Hellcat in the quarter mile. We'll see I guess.
He may be right Susie...most that buy that car put a new pulley on for the supercharger and tune for it right off the bat which is easy and relatively cheap to do.....but if his car truly is as it came from the factory...he's in for a big letdown. Yes...the Hellcat has a weight disadvantage...but it has some really big other advantages as shone by the quarter mile times these cars are putting down already. Oh and by the way...when you look at a silhouette of a Mustang and a Challenger....which one more resembles a brick....LOL Aerodynamics....another one in the plus column for the Hellcat!!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,671 Posts
I visited a couple of Mustang and Camaro forums and saw the same things but I honestly did see quite a few that gave Dodge kudos and some even said they were going to buy a Hellcat.

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I visited a couple of Mustang and Camaro forums and saw the same things but I honestly did see quite a few that gave Dodge kudos and some even said they were going to buy a Hellcat.
Yeah...just like the Challenger sites...there can be a big difference between sites.:4-wavey:

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,671 Posts
Yeah...just like the Challenger sites...there can be a big difference between sites.:4-wavey:
I will say the Mustang group were probably the worst.When I saw the Top Gear UK review and they said run do not walk to the dealer to get one I was really Impressed.

Reactions: friendoffur

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,439 Posts
Im sure there are a lot of jealous people out there Dan, BUT,,,, tough $h!t !!!
Alan I do believe you are not fond of Mustangs! Ha! Love that Mopar swager!

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"The Laddies doth protest too much, methinks." :smileup:
LMAO!!!....And here I was trying to keep this civil...but between you and Alan...I'm reminded of that guy with an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other each trying to tell him what to do.:hah::4-wavey:

·
12,990 Posts
Alan I do believe you are not fond of Mustangs! Ha! Love that Mopar swager!
Believe it or not Betty I really don't have a problem with Mustangs but it seems more often than not that there owners can get quite testy at times especially at the track. :4-dontknow:

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,439 Posts
Believe it or not Betty I really don't have a problem with Mustangs but it seems more often than not that there owners can get quite testy at times especially at the track. :4-dontknow:
Well, it's probably because you keep beating them!

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,532 Posts
Y'all might be good trollers over on those "other" car sites. LOL!

·
801 RWHP
8,517 Posts
:4-dontknow:Yep, don't get it. Without getting all specific, ill just say that it's a shame that people are this petty. All this because the company that built your car cannot, for at least one year, claim the highest factory hp numbers. And that's not even a lock yet. Just laughable:hah:. Ive read some of these other forums. The only thing I keep coming to is that these people get to breathe the same air as everyone else.:shakehead:

·
Registered
22,665 Posts
How much do you have to win by for it to be considered crushing another car in the quarter mile LOL. I watched Alan crush a Shelby GT500 twice at the track earlier this year with his R/T, I wanted to crush him also but just never could get lined up with him. I've seen a ton of Shelby's running slower than my R/T or my SRT. Not that the Shelby isn't fast it's more a case that many drivers can't extract that power in a meaningfull manner. Some of these GT500 guys are completely missing the advantage that 8 speed is going to give the Hellcat, if the HP doesn't get the Shelby I'm sure the 8 speed will.

·
Registered
22,665 Posts
"The Laddies doth protest too much, methinks." :smileup:
I think a lot of the Mustang guys are just whistling in the dark, but we should all start finding out fairly soon.

·
801 RWHP
8,517 Posts
Just went trolling. Love how they go "yeah, but ill wait to see how it performs on a track with turns." What? Its a muscle car. The incredible things people will say and try to believe to help themselves sleep at night. If the Hellcat outperformed them on a road course they would then say, "yeah but if both cars went into the river the Hellcat would sink faster because it is heavier." Its like the numbers were announced and any assemblence of adulthood ran out of people completely.

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just went trolling. Love how they go "yeah, but ill wait to see how it performs on a track with turns." What? Its a muscle car. The incredible things people will say and try to believe to help themselves sleep at night. If the Hellcat outperformed them on a road course they would then say, "yeah but if both cars went into the river the Hellcat would sink faster because it is heavier." Its like the numbers were announced and any assemblence of adulthood ran out of people completely.
That is sooooTRUE!!!!!:smileup:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts