Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time...Time for spring cleaning. Time to wash winter away. Time for glossy paint and mirror like chrome. Time for an interior that knows nothing of road salt on the floor mats or dust on the dash. Time to look through a windshield free of wiper marks across a beautifully sculptured hood with a Hemi heart beating beneath.

Spring is arriving. The weather is finally breaking. Birds returning from the south are chirping. On the first bright sunny morning the garage door slowly opens to reveal the intimidating scowl of the most classic of American muscle cars. With an abrupt bark the Hemi is awoken. The peace is officially disturbed. It's time. There are itches that have been waiting too long to be scratched. Rubber to burn, apex's to clip and now that the birds have been scared off it's only polite to replace their chirping with that of rear tires. The muscle car has returned, and it's hungry.

To us this it is like a religion. We worship at the altar of horsepower. Shaking our heads at the poor sheep who are sentenced to driving those pitiful transportation appliances that sorround us every day. The lost souls that at least automotively have either given up on life, or never knew it in the first place. From time to time, often at a traffic light, you will see one of them look up from their phone and notice the rumble next to them. The completely hopeless ones look away again instantly or sneer condescendingly at a culture they mistakenly feel superior to. Once in a while though you see a sparkle of hope. The long slack jawed stare of someone trapped in boring car captivity and longing to break free like a long time POW. To them I say join us and you will never look back.

It's time. It's spring or as it's known in this faith "The horsepower equinox". Time to fire up the Hemi, roll down the windows, and sacrifice some dead dinosaurs to the musclecar gods.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Very nice editorial....felt like I was reading a letter from the Editor of Car and Driver! Although you're only about 45 minutes from me....I'm about another month away from firing up my Hemi!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you run this by Punxsutawney Phil ?
I introduced him to Daisy, my 75lb pitbull. There will be no more snow in our area this year.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
It's time...Time for spring cleaning. Time to wash winter away. Time for glossy paint and mirror like chrome. Time for an interior that knows nothing of road salt on the floor mats or dust on the dash. Time to look through a windshield free of wiper marks across a beautifully sculptured hood with a Hemi heart beating beneath.

Spring is arriving. The weather is finally breaking. Birds returning from the south are chirping. On the first bright sunny morning the garage door slowly opens to reveal the intimidating scowl of the most classic of American muscle cars. With an abrupt bark the Hemi is awoken. The peace is officially disturbed. It's time. There are itches that have been waiting too long to be scratched. Rubber to burn, apex's to clip and now that the birds have been scared off it's only polite to replace their chirping with that of rear tires. The muscle car has returned, and it's hungry.

To us this it is like a religion. We worship at the altar of horsepower. Shaking our heads at the poor sheep who are sentenced to driving those pitiful transportation appliances that sorround us every day. The lost souls that at least automotively have either given up on life, or never knew it in the first place. From time to time, often at a traffic light, you will see one of them look up from their phone and notice the rumble next to them. The completely hopeless ones look away again instantly or sneer condescendingly at a culture they mistakenly feel superior to. Once in a while though you see a sparkle of hope. The long slack jawed stare of someone trapped in boring car captivity and longing to break free like a long time POW. To them I say join us and you will never look back.

It's time. It's spring or as it's known in this faith "The horsepower equinox". Time to fire up the Hemi, roll down the windows, and sacrifice some dead dinosaurs to the musclecar gods.

If this is not a movie script then it should be one!...good read

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

Hear what you are saying.:smileup: Really itching to take my car out. Weather here has been a bit warmer, but still dropping below freezing at nights. It is going to be in the 50s here tomorrow. I plan on starting her up, and taking her out of my enclosed carport to get some fresh air. No way I will take her out on the roads yet. Still loaded with salt and calcium.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,638 Posts
Great read even if some it does not apply to here, I can appreciate it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts