·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The ChallengerForumZ is Proud to Present our Member of the Month for July 2019

TimRadde

TimRadde Winner.jpg
Hi, my name is Tim.

I wish to first thank those that nominated me for MOTM and also those that voted for me. I feel all the current nominees deserved this just as much as me. I was very surprised to be nominated in fact and even more so to win. I rarely win anything. :)

This forum is one of the best I have ever been part of. There is so much knowledge just waiting to be tapped or already available as answers to questions. I learn new things about the Challenger every day just by reading the entries. I enjoy that there is no squabbling as there is on some other forums I have been a member of.

It may sound weird: But I feel as the members of this forum are my extended family. I feel I know many of you even though I have never met any of you. But I hope to meet some of you in the coming years at events or whatever in the future. Oh and I love the wonderful pictures that many people post. Thanks for doing that. I may never get to see these sights in person but I know how pretty or awesome they are now.

I was raised with cars as my Dad was a mechanic and I loved to learn how things worked. I often would take apart my Dad’s tools which really didn’t make him happy. But I had to know how it worked. So I’d often be out in the garage with him tinkering or helping him do small jobs. I learned about changing brakes, clutches, timing, points, etc. Hah, kind of glad we don’t worry about points any more.

I didn’t have a real performance car till 1985 as I had saved money for college. I graduated from PSU in 1981 with a Bachelor of Science degree that allowed me to get into the computer field for my first job and later jobs.

I have had many cars over the years but never a Mopar. So this is my first and I love this car. The color (black) is not really conducive to keeping clean in hot/humid Houston weather. But I try. It’s fun to drive and handles much better than any other muscle type car's I have owned. I like the Shaker look which brings back memories of the late 60s and 70s.

Those are my favorite years for cars. I love the feel of acceleration. Often I find myself wanting to take it to the track but so far have avoided that as I know I might get hooked on it. I have enough hobbies as it is. And being retired limits what I can do.

On suggestions from forum members, I upgraded to the Barton shifter which is wonderful and of course a catch can. I’ll be adding the headlight upgrade to the cold air box soon as I have the kit. Once again, all because of what others said in the forums. Great place to learn more and offer some knowledge back to others.

Thanks once again for voting for me. I am normally a behind the scenes person and don’t try to draw attention to myself. I am glad to be a member of this forum. Likely the best forum I am a member of!

TIm Radde

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,312 Posts
Congrats Sir... enjoyed the write up as well!

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
30c9b692a9ec18884321864467513491--congratulations-card-smiley-faces.jpg
Welcome to the MOTM club...........

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2016 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,100 Posts
Congratulations Tim! Enjoyed your story!!! Hope you are enjoying your retirement in Texas, and continue to be an active part of the forum.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congratulations! N
ice shaker you got there! N
ice story-reminded me of my days in the garage with my father restoring a 1938 Cadillac he found in an avocado grove. Learned all about cars and have never shaken my appreciation for them, in all their shapes, sizes, and makes. But my SPWB tops them all!

·
Registered
167 Posts
The Challenger ForumZ is Proud to Present our Member of the Month for July

View attachment 196170
Hi, my name is Tim.

I wish to first thank those that nominated me for MOTM and also those that voted for me. I feel all the current nominees deserved this just as much as me. I was very surprised to be nominated in fact and even more so to win. I rarely win anything. :)

This forum is one of the best I have ever been part of. There is so much knowledge just waiting to be tapped or already available as answers to questions. I learn new things about the Challenger every day just by reading the entries. I enjoy that there is no squabbling as there is on some other forums I have been a member of.

It may sound weird: But I feel as the members of this forum are my extended family. I feel I know many of you even though I have never met any of you. But I hope to meet some of you in the coming years at events or whatever in the future. Oh and I love the wonderful pictures that many people post. Thanks for doing that. I may never get to see these sights in person but I know how pretty or awesome they are now.

I was raised with cars as my Dad was a mechanic and I loved to learn how things worked. I often would take apart my Dad’s tools which really didn’t make him happy. But I had to know how it worked. So I’d often be out in the garage with him tinkering or helping him do small jobs. I learned about changing brakes, clutches, timing, points, etc. Hah, kind of glad we don’t worry about points any more.

I didn’t have a real performance car till 1985 as I had saved money for college. I graduated from PSU in 1981 with a Bachelor of Science degree that allowed me to get into the computer field for my first job and later jobs.

I have had many cars over the years but never a Mopar. So this is my first and I love this car. The color (black) is not really conducive to keeping clean in hot/humid Houston weather. But I try. It’s fun to drive and handles much better than any other muscle type car's I have owned. I like the Shaker look which brings back memories of the late 60s and 70s.

Those are my favorite years for cars. I love the feel of acceleration. Often I find myself wanting to take it to the track but so far have avoided that as I know I might get hooked on it. I have enough hobbies as it is. And being retired limits what I can do.

On suggestions from forum members, I upgraded to the Barton shifter which is wonderful and of course a catch can. I’ll be adding the headlight upgrade to the cold air box soon as I have the kit. Once again, all because of what others said in the forums. Great place to learn more and offer some knowledge back to others.

Thanks once again for voting for me. I am normally a behind the scenes person and don’t try to draw attention to myself. I am glad to be a member of this forum. Likely the best forum I am a member of!

TIm Radde
Congrats

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
49,361 Posts
Congrats Tim, very nice write up and thank you for supporting the forum.

·
What's Old is New Again!
36,745 Posts
Congratulations, Tim!!!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Congratulations Tim!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts