Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone. I was thinking of going through my suspension when i got back from this deployment and was curious as i've been on the fence for a long time. I know i can change all the bushings, get the sway bars, and coilovers which will be upwards of 6-7 grand without install, but really im just looking to make my Challenger feel more stable with that "performance" feel. I don't think i need to lower it as i like the way it looks and it is also a dd in a city with not very good roads. Obviously if I got it all, it would put it on rails and I could control every aspect of the steering.

has anyone just changed the bushings and put on sway bars? i'm curious how much this helps and if i can get the desired outcome with only dropping about 2k instead of 7-8k. Thanks in advance.

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
hey everyone. I was thinking of going through my suspension when i got back from this deployment and was curious as i've been on the fence for a long time. I know i can change all the bushings, get the sway bars, and coilovers which will be upwards of 6-7 grand without install, but really im just looking to make my Challenger feel more stable with that "performance" feel. I don't think i need to lower it as i like the way it looks and it is also a dd in a city with not very good roads. Obviously if I got it all, it would put it on rails and I could control every aspect of the steering.

has anyone just changed the bushings and put on sway bars? i'm curious how much this helps and if i can get the desired outcome with only dropping about 2k instead of 7-8k. Thanks in advance.
I've installed sways on two SRT's so far. You will definitely notice less body roll in the corners. You will also feel more bumps but IMO, it's worth it. I used Hotchkis sways on both of them.
Another option for you is what I did on my last 2012 SRT. I changed the springs out with Mopar lowering springs and then added the sways. They're reasonably priced too. Then install the sways with them. You can make your car handle and look much better for under $1K.

:smileup:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I was trying to stay away from lowering the car at all. Do you think I would get more out of your suggestion than doing all the bushings though?

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
yeah, I was trying to stay away from lowering the car at all. Do you think I would get more out of your suggestion than doing all the bushings though?
Unless your tracking the car on autocross or road courses, bushings aren't really necessary unless they are worn out IMO.

Performance lowering springs aren't really necessary either, but they do help to reduce body roll compared to stock SRT springs.

What you can do is just install the anti-sways and see how you like them. If it's not up to your liking, go for the springs and/or bushings.

Don't forget though, any time you stiffen up the car for more performance, you usually get a harsher ride. It's up to you if you think it's worth it. I did, but then again, I tracked mine a few times on a few courses.

:wavey:

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
I've installed sways on two SRT's so far. You will definitely notice less body roll in the corners. You will also feel more bumps but IMO, it's worth it. I used Hotchkis sways on both of them.
Another option for you is what I did on my last 2012 SRT. I changed the springs out with Mopar lowering springs and then added the sways. They're reasonably priced too. Then install the sways with them. You can make your car handle and look much better for under $1K.

:smileup:
Ditto! I have installed Springs and sways on several Challengers including my own, they handle night and day better then stock..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts