Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack T/A 392- Smoke Show
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I for one don't know that I have seen more than one or two others on the street. I definitely haven't seen another Smoke show T/A 345, let alone another 392. Also, as it concerns mine, what is the average spread between A8's and M6 transmissions? I have an A8. Rarity for this car isn't something I had considered until the day after I purchased it and I started really digging into it.

Sorry if I am beating a dead horse. I've only owned it since Friday, and still have that new car excitement...haha.

To prove that, I have been taking photos of it out of my office window all morning...LOL!
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Automotive side marker light

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
57,291 Posts
Seeing as T/As have been made since 2017 they are not that rare. They may be less common in your area. They are plentiful here in Tucson, that does not make them any less cool.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seeing as T/As have been made since 2017 they are not that rare. They may be less common in your area. They are plentiful here in Tucson, that does not make them any less cool.
I guess I am more interested in the per year rarity, than I am the total ever built. But, you are correct in that.

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
3,800 Posts
The Challenger itself was a rarity in my area when I first got mine, especially Black Challengers, but now they are everywhere, there is probably about 5 T/As around now. I see you have the same style hood as my wifes Challenger G/T, I don't care for that hood as it dumps water directly on the engine cover when raised, they could have installed some type of diversion to divert that water to another area. But you'll discover that yourself, nice color Smoke Show, looks fantastic!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Challenger itself was a rarity in my area when I first got mine, especially Black Challengers, but now they are everywhere, there is probably about 5 T/As around now. I see you have the same style hood as my wifes Challenger G/T, I don't care for that hood as it dumps water directly on the engine cover when raised, they could have installed some type of diversion to divert that water to another area. But you'll discover that yourself, nice color Smoke Show, looks fantastic!
The T/A hood is functional. The scoop ducts air into the filter box.

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
3,800 Posts
The T/A hood is functional. The scoop ducts air into the filter box.
Yeah you are right I have a friend that has a 2017 T/A nice intake setup actually, my wifes hood does not and after a rain when the hood is opened it dumps water right on the engine cover.

Reactions: HISSMAN

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392 T/A 6 speed
249 Posts
The intake setup on a T/A is actually well thought out. It seems to be very good with water diversion. I thought maybe there would be a water issue. I haven't had the hood dump water yet.

·
Registered
2020 Gold Rush T/A 392 50th Anniversary, 66 of 70
83 Posts
Welcome! The T/A is a fairly low production model/trim. I don't have the 2021 numbers yet, but in 2020 they made just 444 of the 6.4L T/A's with only 18 Smoke Show cars rounding out the bottom of the list. However, there were 165 of the 5.7L T/A's made, with Smoke Show being the sales leader there at 20 in total. I think the M6 only goes in about 10% of the cars. Most dealerships tend to place orders for the A8 so unless you special order your car the chances of finding an M6 are lower. Now that the differences are mostly cosmetic I don't know if the T/A will be considered "rare" in the future, but I would say they will be more desirable. They sure are less common, I've only seen a handful of T/A's around here myself. If I was forced to pick one to hold onto for the future then my money would be on the 77 unannounced 50th Anniversary cars (unless Dodge ever makes a Panther Pink T/A 392 for the last year of production).

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Not sure that's right. Not only have I seen 3 in 2 years, the production numbers are low and they have not been offered every year since 2017.
Dodge has been making the new Challenger since 2008. The T/A began production in 2017. That alone makes it rarer.

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
1,020 Posts
Welcome and congrats on that cool T/A from Alabama. Looks all business just sittin' there. I do not see many 392 or 6.2 Challengers in my area. Mostly 5.7's or SXT's. Actually have seen more HC's than Scat Packs and very few T/A's. Definitely a head turner! (y)

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
57,291 Posts
Real
Not sure that's right. Not only have I seen 3 in 2 years, the production numbers are low and they have not been offered every year since 2017.
Dodge has been making the new Challenger since 2008. The T/A began production in 2017. That alone makes it rarer.
Really, what year did they not make them? There are quite a few here, bet there may be 30 or more here. Are there more of other models, yes but the T/As are not as rare as some other models.

Reactions: Sideways and RyzRT

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Real
Really, what year did they not make them? There are quite a few here, bet there may be 30 or more here. Are there more of other models, yes but the T/As are not as rare as some other models.
I was wrong by what years available. They were 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22. Somewhere in there they changed from a model to a package. Most of them came from special order. So the new challengers have been sold for 14/15 years. The T/A for 6 years. I too have seen way more Hellcats than T/A's. In fact I have seen 2 Demons and only 3 T/A's.

Reactions: RyzRT and Lurker123

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,770 Posts
I was wrong by what years available. They were 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22. Somewhere in there they changed from a model to a package. Most of them came from special order. So the new challengers have been sold for 14/15 years. The T/A for 6 years. I too have seen way more Hellcats than T/A's. In fact I have seen 2 Demons and only 3 T/A's.

The SRT 392 was only made in 2015, 16, 17 & 18............is it rare ??

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
The SRT 392 was only made in 2015, 16, 17 & 18............is it rare ??
Your point? Is this thread about that?

Reactions: DodgeFL

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,770 Posts
Your point? Is this thread about that?

That there are even shorter run models out there....just cuz you don't see many of them, doesn't mean they are rare.....

There are a lot of T/A's here........more than SRT 392's that I've seen.

Reactions: RyzRT

·
Premium Member
2,356 Posts
it has to be your area. where i live it is either a t/a or a hellcat variation, plus the sxt's and the r/t's. scats, like mine, aren't seen that often. as for rarity, if it was a rare car, would you stop driving your car and just store it away? just enjoy driving it. don't worry about rarity. just my two cents, if i offended you

1 - 20 of 106 Posts