Dodge Challenger Forum banner
41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Except the T/A has a functional hood intake and a headlight air tube both feeding directly to a CAI.
Does that actually add any HP though? For a really rare vehicle the 2015 RT with the Scat Pack stage 1 kit (although dealer installed) seemed to also add a CAI and enhanced exhaust too
but allegedly gained 15-20 HP. Options are usually free on a used car but they do make them sell faster, if the choice is between the 392 and the 5.7 TA package I would likely pick the one with the manual transmission but that is just me (if they both had 6Ms...who knows, price would enter the conversation at some point I suppose). Anyway, there is really no wrong choices with these cars

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Does that actually add any HP though? For a really rare vehicle the 2015 RT with the Scat Pack stage 1 kit (although dealer installed) seemed to also add a CAI and enhanced exhaust too
but allegedly gained 15-20 HP. Options are usually free on a used car but they do make them sell faster, if the choice is between the 392 and the 5.7 TA package I would likely pick the one with the manual transmission but that is just me (if they both had 6Ms...who knows, price would enter the conversation at some point I suppose). Anyway, there is really no wrong choices with these cars
More air = better performance. Nothing amazing but maybe the best air option on a Challenger. Everything I read says a CAI adds almost no measurable HP. The 345's are more buildable than the 392's not that much is needed on the 392 for the street.

·
Registered
2020 Gold Rush T/A 392 50th Anniversary, 66 of 70
83 Posts
Nobody knows what the bump in HP from the T/A intake is and Dodge didn't bother to publish new figures for the car. My guess is that it would add a small bump, but it's more likely to just be a more efficient setup. However, when I put the optional appearance package T/A hood on my car last July, I did not notice any difference in IAT in the upper 90's between the stock hood, no hood and the T/A hood above 35mph. The 392 and stock hood does pull a lot of air that tends to cool off the intake tract when you floor it from a stop or low speeds, but I couldn't tell if the hood made any real, measurable difference.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I always associate rare with a steak or future collector car price. Rare and valuable sometimes go together, sometimes not. Cars like the Demon, Hellcat, and Redeye will always be at the top of the heap. Then will come the rest. I’d say the TA/392 will be at the top of that heap.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I was going for a T/A in 2020 but couldn't find one with out the black treatment. Here in SW FL black is a big no no as the sun really heats that color up. Resulting in higher interior and engine bay temps.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don’t think they make it without the black painted hood and wrapped roof and trunk, but you can do a side stripe delete

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack T/A 392- Smoke Show
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
T/A's only come with the black top surfaces. Stripes can be deted, but that is about it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I honestly was thinking I might do a side stripe delete before I took delivery and when I finally picked her up, no question it’s staying. The whole package together looks great and I got my car in pitch black so it complements the gloss black with the satin black. Car should be done today with its ppf, ceramic, tint and a few others but I might have them hold it until Monday since there’s a snow storm right now in MA. But the storm supposed to end around 2pm and they will be done a little after so we will see.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Leave the side stripes.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392 T/A 6 speed
249 Posts
I still can't understand why the T/A stripe could be deleted and the roof/trunk wraps could not. If they would have let you delete the roof/trunk wrap, I would have. The T/A stripe is a major part of the T/A package.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I still can't understand why the T/A stripe could be deleted and the roof/trunk wraps could not. If they would have let you delete the roof/trunk wrap, I would have. The T/A stripe is a major part of the T/A package.
I agree. You paid extra for the T/A package. Why hide it? You could remove the roof/trunk wrap yourself. Then again, if you delete all the outside cosmetics that separate the T/A from other non T/A Challengers, maybe not buy a T/A?

Reactions: Lurker123

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack T/A 392- Smoke Show
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
The matte top surfaces are what make it a T/A lookalike more than any of the other add on. What you are wanting is a shaker scat pack with wider tires.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392 T/A 6 speed
249 Posts
The matte top surfaces are what make it a T/A lookalike more than any of the other add on. What you are wanting is a shaker scat pack with wider tires.
No. I am wanting a modern T/A that looks as much like a 1970 T/A as possible. The 1970 didn't have a black trunk lid and didn't have a black roof unless you optioned a vinyl top.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Cloud

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
No. I am wanting a modern T/A that looks as much like a 1970 T/A as possible. The 1970 didn't have a black trunk lid and didn't have a black roof unless you optioned a vinyl top. View attachment 293417
Like I said, get a T/A and unwrap the roof and trunk.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeh I’m definitely keeping everything it looks amazing all together

·
Registered
23 Posts
I for one don't know that I have seen more than one or two others on the street. I definitely haven't seen another Smoke show T/A 345, let alone another 392. Also, as it concerns mine, what is the average spread between A8's and M6 transmissions? I have an A8. Rarity for this car isn't something I had considered until the day after I purchased it and I started really digging into it.

Sorry if I am beating a dead horse. I've only owned it since Friday, and still have that new car excitement...haha.

To prove that, I have been taking photos of it out of my office window all morning...LOL! View attachment 293144

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
First time I saw a new T/A I was on the freeway and about twisted my head off. What, Dodge now has a T/A? My days with my R/T were numbered.

Reactions: PRPHAZE and HISSMAN
41 - 60 of 106 Posts