Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my new Challenger R/T base. 6spd, 3.92 LSD, Jazz Blue, HIDs, sunroof, Sound Group II, no stripes, no spoiler. This is going to be the longest 2 months of my life!

Has anyone else ordered one on here, and if so, how was your experience? I was able to get mine at factory wholesale price plus the current $2,000 incentives... I stole it.

Also, how well do these things hold up? I know that QC has dramatically improved since 2008, and I've heard that the 2011+ really stepped up in build quality and material quality.

Anyone have any problems with squeaks, rattles, vibrations?

Thanks in advance!

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,512 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to the 'Z' from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. :4-wavey: Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

Congratulations on ordering your new R/T!

·
12,989 Posts
Welcome from north N.J.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Mine is e '10 and I've had no issues except for the cracked plastic strips on the inside of the doors next to the window which they replaced. Welcome to the"Z" and enjoy your challenger when you get it.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,426 Posts
Had mine for a year, no problems with rattles, squeaks, etc. Rides like a dream!

·
Registered
22,658 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
Anyone have any problems with squeaks, rattles, vibrations?
Well there are the oohs and ahhs you'll get every time you pull up near a group of people.

And then there's that throaty roar coming from the Hemi. You'll never get used to that.

Nor will you want to...

Welcome to the Z!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input & greetings everyone! I agree about the Hemi sound... There will be an American Thunder exhaust on this baby before the ink dries on the paperwork! It's been over 10 years since I had to sell my old Monte Carlo... I miss that muscle car sound. Can't wait!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,634 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Thanks for the input & greetings everyone! I agree about the Hemi sound... There will be an American Thunder exhaust on this baby before the ink dries on the paperwork! It's been over 10 years since I had to sell my old Monte Carlo... I miss that muscle car sound. Can't wait!

First off welcome to the Z!:) Save yourself a few bucks and go with the Blastin Bob's Reso Deletes, straight pipes. Your exhaust will be new, and pretty free flowing without the resonators. Also they will
sound great.

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
:Racing:Hello and Welcome from Michigan. Enjoy the forum !!!:Racing:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
First off welcome to the Z!:) Save yourself a few bucks and go with the Blastin Bob's Reso Deletes, straight pipes. Your exhaust will be new, and pretty free flowing without the resonators. Also they will
sound great.
I just pulled up some youtube videos of that system over my home stereo.... nice! I'll have to add that to the growing list of ones to consider.

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Welcome to the Z from New Mexico! You have found the absolute best spot for a Challenger lover to be except for behind the wheel! Enjoy the ride!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts