Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
10,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A used, eight year old Challenger R/T Classic is listed for only $1700 less than what I paid for my 2013 R/T Classic when it was NEW!. And Cargurus rates the ask price of $31k as FAIR?

HOLY SH*T! :eek:

·
Registered
2021 Scat Pack
73 Posts
My dealer wants to buy back my 2018 Grand Cherokee for 1K less than I paid for it. Even though it already has 35K on the clock. But... What the hell would I drive?
-John
Two weeks ago I traded my wife’s 2020 Wrangler that we had for almost 2 years and 20k mi for 1k less than what I paid for it. Traded it and $750 and put her into a new 21 Grand Cherokee Limited for $27 a month less than her Wrangler lease.
Her Wrangler was worth more than the lease buyout, she qualified for a few rebates on top of Supplier Pricing, it was one of those crazy not to take it deals.

·
Trigger657
3,770 Posts
View attachment 283209
A used, eight year old Challenger R/T Classic is listed for only $1700 less than what I paid for my 2013 R/T Classic when it was NEW!. And Cargurus rates the ask price of $31k as FAIR?

Maybe it's time for me to investigate and looks towards a Hellcat....;)

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
10,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe it's time for me to investigate and looks towards a Hellcat....;)
I kick myself sometimes when I think of how I accepted a trade of $18k for my 2013 R/T with only 34k miles when I bought my Hellcat, but that was just a couple of weeks before the market went sideways. The R/T sold for $23k a few weeks later and who knows what it would sell for today. But then I reason had I waited even a couple of weeks, the Hellcat (had it not sold to another buyer) would have bumped to $56k or higher and I never would have bought it. Cars have never been appreciating stock so no one can really forecast the market trend. Just strike while the iron's hot and people are still paying stupid prices.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
10,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's the sticker for my 2013, and I paid $7000 less! (when you could still buy a new Challenger for less than sticker!)

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Reactions: HemiMetal

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
3,612 Posts
I kick myself sometimes when I think of how I accepted a trade of $18k for my 2013 R/T with only 34k miles when I bought my Hellcat, but that was just a couple of weeks before the market went sideways. The R/T sold for $23k a few weeks later and who knows what it would sell for today. But then I reason had I waited even a couple of weeks, the Hellcat (had it not sold to another buyer) would have bumped to $56k or higher and I never would have bought it. Cars have never been appreciating stock so no one can really forecast the market trend. Just strike while the iron's hot and people are still paying stupid prices.
John, Don't go down the what if road, you got a great deal at the time! Ry

·
Registered
866 Posts
View attachment 283209

I can believe it. I love the interior. Wish they offered white seats as an option now.

·
Registered
2018 392 / 6 Speed
85 Posts
View attachment 283209

That's in my dealer group. We are having to pay up on trades to make deals right now. It's starting to cool of though ladies and gents. So if you are thinking of moving because of your trade value do it soon. The thing is tho, we are holding the price up on the new cars too, so net/net there isn't much difference.

--Jeff

·
Registered
2021 Challenger scat pack shaker
25 Posts
That's in my dealer group. We are having to pay up on trades to make deals right now. It's starting to cool of though ladies and gents. So if you are thinking of moving because of your trade value do it soon. The thing is tho, we are holding the price up on the new cars too, so net/net there isn't much difference.

--Jeff
So what’s considered a good deal right now as far as price? Is msrp or close to it? Some dealers a marking up 5-10k on 2021 scatpacks

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Definitely a different market! Just curious - how many miles on that car?

·
Registered
2018 392 / 6 Speed
85 Posts
So what’s considered a good deal right now as far as price? Is msrp or close to it? Some dealers a marking up 5-10k on 2021 scatpacks
Depends on inventory levels at the dealership. They are not going to give away a car if they are way short on inventory and the pipeline is drying up. MSRP or higher is pretty typical right now. Just remember that the reason used car values are climbing is because new car prices are pulling them up. You will be hard pressed to find a dealer who will cheap sell a new car if they are having to pay up for used cars and trade ins. Find your comfort level and pull the trigger if you are there.

--Jeff

1 - 20 of 80 Posts