Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one here running Ken Bell blowers on a 5.7 or have experience with them? I am thinking of going with a Ken Bell set up on my new challenger.
Thanks.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,558 Posts
Can't help you here, but it would help other members to answer your questions if you filled in your profile including your year of Challenger. Go to the User CP at the top left on the toolbar and go to Edit your Details and fill in the information about your Challenger?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't help you here, but it would help other members to answer your questions if you filled in your profile including your year of Challenger. Go to the User CP at the top left on the toolbar and go to Edit your Details and fill in the information about your Challenger?
Made the changes to my profile. Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a 2012 6-speed with a KB 2.8 plus a few other goodies. Here is a thread with details....

http://www.challengerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=105317

shoot me a PM if you want to chat further....
I actually have read that awesome thread, you have quite the beast. After all twenty pages I was convinced that HHP would be a great spot to go, especially with the issues currently with Arrington regarding personal. The only problem is that I am from the metro Detroit area in Michigan and HHP, petty's garage, and Mr. Norms area all quite a hike from Michigan. Also I called lingenfelter because they are a great shop and close, but they said they aren't doing challengers anymore because of tuning issues.

So my main dilemma/delay is fining a trusted shop around Michigan. After seeing how many times you have to with Josh over at HHP, proximity is more important to me because while I'm more likely going to supercharge it for now....who knows where that will lead

·
Old Hot Rod
3,203 Posts
I actually have read that awesome thread, you have quite the beast. After all twenty pages I was convinced that HHP would be a great spot to go, especially with the issues currently with Arrington regarding personal. The only problem is that I am from the metro Detroit area in Michigan and HHP, petty's garage, and Mr. Norms area all quite a hike from Michigan. Also I called lingenfelter because they are a great shop and close, but they said they aren't doing challengers anymore because of tuning issues.

So my main dilemma/delay is fining a trusted shop around Michigan. After seeing how many times you have to with Josh over at HHP, proximity is more important to me because while I'm more likely going to supercharge it for now....who knows where that will lead
db x mopar, you need to include the year of your Challenger in your profile, Go to the User CP at the top left on the toolbar and go to Edit your Details and fill in the information about your Challenger.

·
Registered
85 Posts
db x mopar, you need to include the year of your Challenger in your profile, Go to the User CP at the top left on the toolbar and go to Edit your Details and fill in the information about your Challenger.
Done...thanks. 2010 PCP rt classic 6spd...driving spiritedly around Michigan now that the weather is a little better!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I had a Kenne Bell "optimizer" on my old Durango. When I had some problems a few years later they told me the company who made them for KB had gone belly up. They couldn't provide any customer service on that any more. I've avoided KB products ever since. I suspect they don't actually manufacture the super chargers.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts

just to clarify - a lot of our tuning test trials are done via email. Once the main baseline is set, we accomplished a lot with me sending data logs electronically, him assessing the results, and him replying with a new tune with tweaks to try out. But that said, your first couple of go rounds are likely to be in person - so proximity will have to be a factor in your decision. Let us know what you decide!

·
Registered
4,316 Posts

Btw - came across a website for a guy named Steve Morris in Muskegon, MI - (his website is Steve Morris Engines dot com (no spaces)). Here is a youtube of a rad 'Cuda he just built that turns over 1600 HP - if he can pull that off I imagine he can craft something for you. To be up front I don't know much about the place or its reputation, but given all of the project cars on his website, it looks like he's a pretty serious shop and it shouldn't be hard to find out who around your area has worked with him and what they think of the quality and results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsqFjvxf76Y

·
Registered
85 Posts
What a beast, I think that might actually be able to keep up with your monster.

Thanks for the update, but I actually decided last week that I'm going to send mine to Petty's. I attached the estimate. I'll be honest it's a bit more than I wanted to spend. Also, I went with the kenne bell over the maggie....for a couple reasons, hopefully williams rt won't yell at me bc his advice is always great.

My plan is to forge the bottom end hopefully in the next 5-10 yrs and turn up the wick. I like the ceiling is high with the bell. Also, they have a new bypass valve that's supposed to cure the surging issues. Petty's Garage said they have done several and not had any issues.

I knew I wanted the magnuson or bell and that every day drivability was important. Knowing my long term goals Petty's people said I should go with the kenne bell, and I think[hope] that this is a good choice for me. Last reason may sound dumb but I've loved the kenne bell since I first remember seeing it and have dreamed about having one on my ride for years, so saying my very excited is a major major understatement.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I have the KB 2.8 and the driveability on the bypass valve setup is really controlled on the 6-speed. under light throttle. But if you want to whomp on it - its all there :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
So i finally got the KB installed and wow she really hustles now...for the most part. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this. It seems to really come alive at 3k, and usually is moves like a bat outta hell but other time is like it can't get out of its own was and is struggling. Also i have been using 93 octane. Any help would be great!

·
801 RWHP
8,521 Posts
Mine had that issue. My tuner completely disabled the traction control which was the fix. The pcu was not aware of what position the throttle was in. So it was engaging the traction control. Well thats the boiled down version.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Sounds like a tuner issue as Hammer Down says. If yours is set up like ours there is a bypass valve that is vacuum actuated. So when you are pulling vacuum its bypassing the blower. When the vacuum approaches zero, the bypass valve closes and the air path is now routed directly through the compression rotors causing boost. Each of those "states" requires custom tuning to the air/fuel, timing, torque management, and throttle tables. And the transition points are particularly sensitive. My suggestion is to work through a reputable tuner to get that part of your profile dialed in.

·
12,990 Posts
Any one here running Ken Bell blowers on a 5.7 or have experience with them? I am thinking of going with a Ken Bell set up on my new challenger.
Thanks.
See Ply67cuda (Andres) he has one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts