Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so time for stupid questions!

I always use my fob to start the car. In fact, before today, I'd never even pulled the key out.

I'm trying to install my Diablo and it wants me to turn the key to on and back to off etc...thought maybe I'd get away with just using the button but it quits/times out.

so...stupid question...how far does this key go in before I turn the ignition??? Maybe something is messed up on my car but it feels like I can push it all the way in without it doing a thing???

help

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am full on idiot aren't I!!!

sometimes its the simple things in life! I was stuck on thinking I had to pull the key out of the fob and use it!

ok...please delete this thread so I can save some diginity here!

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
FYI, There's a glitch when installing tunes on the 11+ model years. To prevent it from locking up when you turn off the ignition for the 10 seconds just keep the ignition on and then count the 10 seconds and then continue. You can use the button if you do that. It works...I did it myself. :smileup:

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
I am full on idiot aren't I!!!

sometimes its the simple things in life! I was stuck on thinking I had to pull the key out of the fob and use it!

ok...please delete this thread so I can save some diginity here!
Welcome to the club! I owned mine for 6 months before I realized I had autostick... :doh:

·
Registered
389 Posts
i'm an idiot too..

Welcome to the club! I owned mine for 6 months before I realized I had autostick... :doh:
Bwahahah! -1 Rep :) Just kidding.

I almost crashed my car the first night trying to pop the hood and instead releasing the parking brake...while parked on a hill. Talk about pucker factor!

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not alone...woooohoooo!!!

as for the getting locked up....I followed the instructions on the screen and everything seemed to work. Just need to play with the settings now. And I need to swap out the thermostat still...but that's for next weekend...only so many hours in a weekend!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts