Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 RT Auto.
I know the sequence on the keyfob for the auto window down feature is to hit unlock once, then hold it down on a second push. But here is where it gets interesting....
I've gotten 3 different results:
1 - both windows go half way down
2 - drivers window goes halfway down, nothing on passenger
3 - drivers window goes all the way down, nothing on passenger
Am I doing something different each time to get these different results?
Forum.... GO!

·
Dash Cam Guy
2,277 Posts
Happens to me to just as you describe. If at first you don't succeed try again!

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
For me the passenger window always lowers along with the driver window. However, sometimes the windows stop moving before they lower completely. I think this is because at some point I'm not applying enough pressure on the remote button or the signal gets interrupted.

·
Dazed & Confused
36,600 Posts
Mines never worked independently from each other but they have stopped at various places on the way down. I think the signal must get blipped somehow.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I get the same thing as the others where it doesn't always go down all they way for some reason unknown to me, I try to have a direct line of sight with the car but still doesn't always work.

Usually the whole way to the car I keep trying to succeed in making them go down all the way.

Never had the one window thing though

·
Registered
600 Posts
Maybe that's why they took away this feature in newer cars?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use this feature a lot and it seems picky on how much pressure you use and how long you hold it. Sometimes I forget to hold it down long enough and they only go down half way. I've never had only one window go down though...

Regards,

Tyler

2010 Classic Chally

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
Mine works perfectly. They both go down until they are all the way down or until I let go of the button.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,549 Posts
Mine works perfectly. They both go down until they are all the way down or until I let go of the button.
Same way with me on my 2010. Although I do notice I must be closer to the car for them to work than when I unlock or lock the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts