Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Down the interstate cruisin around 75 and up on the on ramp comes a WS6 with a large hood and sound of thunder. He quickly paces me as I merge into the left lane to let him on (kindness part). He downshifts and this thing is loud, shaking my passenger door as he jumps and falls back enticing me to race. I play but full knowing he has a blower and that car was no ordinary street car with his 6.8 painted in shoe polish on the window.(we have 1/8 mile track in our area)

He gives me two car lengths, and Im up around 90 and he drops the hammer and whoosh, his pass moves my hair. Im thinking he also hit the bottle because his pass felt like I was doing 90 backwards. I need to add this is a merge area from another expressway.

Around this time Mr State Trooper in his new Charger merged on from the expressway way behind him, beside me, seeing this guy take off at light speed. I have already dropped my speed as he moves in behind me hitting the lights. I think, well awe hell, this guy is after me.

As we top the span of the bridge I safely move over and he floors it passing me. He is after the WS6. It took five miles for Mr Trooper to catch him. I come up on the carnage just as he had him up against his car handcuffing him as I pass at a safe 65. I having a cheshire cat grin on my face.

Guess I came out on top of that one as I pass his car effortlessly. Wonder what he had him clocked at? I would say he was well over 140MPH. Kinda felt bad for him because he just won the bad boy lottery.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
you win some, you lose some and sometimes you get arrested..... haha! better him then you, :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ah yes, a WS6, another one of those under rated and over looked cars and obviously heavily modded in this case!
hey fellow Pittsburgh'er! what part of town you from and what highway did he get him?

i'm from the north hills and travel 79 and 279 all the time.

EDIT: nevermind the question...i thought you created the thread lol, but anyways, hello from a fellow Pittsburgher :)

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
hey fellow Pittsburgh'er! what part of town you from and what highway did he get him?

i'm from the north hills and travel 79 and 279 all the time.

EDIT: nevermind the question...i thought you created the thread lol, but anyways, hello from a fellow Pittsburgher :)
Hello and I'm in the North Braddock/Forrest Hills area of town. I cruise the 79/279 area on some weekends when I go for a cruise. I get around going to the various car cruises so I will keep my eyes open for you! :smileup:

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Stock WS6's are mid 13 cars, used to toast those all the time years ago in my Nova. But obviously with a blower or nitrous and other stuff those cars can easily get into the 12's or 11's.

I'm sure it was a fast car, but that guy was a real dummy. It sounds like he didn't pull over right away for the cop. If he had pulled over right away the cop would have probably gave him a nasty ticket and let him go on his way. Instead the guy thought he'd get away and ended up getting arrested. For what? Nothing wrong with having fun in your car and going fast, but you can't be that stupid, or you end up in jail and your car impounded like that guy.

Having the fastest car on the road doesn't mean much when you're in a jail cell and your car is in the impound lot.

Good thing you didn't get in trouble and got to cruise on by.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The FHP knew we were racing, but I was coming down in speed and doing about 80 while the WS6 was pushing NOS and fully in his powerband he was way over 100. He may have had other reasons to run which led to him getting cuffed and stuffed, other than just racing, but I didnt stick around to find out. I was scared he would wave me down as I passed by but that didnt happen. whew!!!

·
Here Comes Trouble!
1,621 Posts
Lucky for you. Karma, FHP style.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts