Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on deleting my cats, as well as some Kooks Long Tube Headers, And a tune. I’m wondering, if I just put headers and cat delete on, do I have to tune it before I start it? Can I drive it home from shop?
2017 Challenger R/T (5.7, 8speed)

·
Dazed & Confused
34,870 Posts
You may want to research adding those long tubes before you do it. Most everything I've read is you won't really gain anything from them unless you are planning to do major upgrades later on. Shorties may be a better choice.

·
THE WHITE MAMBA
776 Posts
You may want to research adding those long tubes before you do it. Most everything I've read is you won't really gain anything from them unless you are planning to do major upgrades later on. Shorties may be a better choice.
I respectfully disagree long tubes definitely go with a cam but the late model vvt vct mds are hard to beat and long tubes definitely are the best thru ALL rpm range even without cams etc as long as the car is tuned and the primaries are equal length and the proper size ie 1-7/8 or 1-3/4 with proper size (3in) collector and proper length collectors,for under 500 hp 1-3/4 is imo better than larger but again it’s the total numbers of those 3 aspects ,primary pipes dia ,collectors dia and lenght

·
Dazed & Confused
34,870 Posts
I respectfully disagree long tubes definitely go with a cam but the late model vvt vct mds are hard to beat and long tubes definitely are the best thru ALL rpm range even without cams etc as long as the car is tuned and the primaries are equal length and the proper size ie 1-7/8 or 1-3/4 with proper size (3in) collector and proper length collectors,for under 500 hp 1-3/4 is imo better than larger but again it’s the total numbers of those 3 aspects ,primary pipes dia ,collectors dia and lenght
Long tubes by them self is pretty much a waste for the amount of money it costs for the little (if any) gains you get (not to mention the cost of tuning a 2017 model). Again this is based on what I've read on the forum(s) & other groups. All I suggested is for the person to do the research before doing this mod as it's expensive. I've seen people claiming all kinds of gains on doing just long tubes but I've yet to see a before & after dyno comparison from any of them to prove it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts