Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I believe I am having an issue with my launch control settings.

Everything functions with launch control as it should. What I am unsure of it that the RPM settings give me a range of 3100-4500 rpms.

This seems to be on the opposite end of the spectrum as even at 3100 rpms I still just sit and spin. There would be no hope to hook up at 4500 rpms, this seems entirely too high to even be an option.

I cannot find literature to confirm what the settings should actually have available, but from the research I have done, the range is typically below the 3100 rpm threshold.

My car is a 2018 Challenger T/A 392 with 2,500 miles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Could anyone else with a 2018 with over 500 miles confirm the launch control limitations at 3100-4500 rpm?

Here's a picture of my setting screen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
15261453555023539893861018341246.jpg
My launch control range is 1200 to 3300. I keep it around 2400, anything more than that and my tires spin like crazy.

I have no idea why they would be different.

Mine is a 2018 with around 700 miles.

Indigo Blue!

·
Registered
187 Posts
View attachment 128578 My launch control range is 1200 to 3300. I keep it around 2400, anything more than that and my tires spin like crazy.

I have no idea why they would be different.

Mine is a 2018 with around 700 miles.

Indigo Blue!
Manual and Auto are different. The auto's are lower than the manuals.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Do you know what the limits are in the 6-speed? 3 days and multiple forums and I cannot find someone with a 2018 6-speed. Lol
No I don't. My car is an 8 speed. Without looking, I think it is 1500 - 3500. The last 6 speed I had was a 2016 and I don't remember what the limits were on it. All I remember is that I got very frustrated with launch control on that car. I did better 0-60's without using launch control. I think a 6.0 was the best I ever got. With the A8, the 0-60's are easy and very consistent. I get 5.0's all the time without launch control. As soon as the weather warms up, I am going to see if I can do better with the launch control. It is mid 40's and raining here today, so it won't be today, lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My best is a 5.1 seconds without launch control.

With launch control I can't keep it under 7 seconds with wheel spin at the lowest 3100 rpm setting. I cannot think of a circumstance where 4500 rpm would even make sense.

·
Registered
187 Posts
My best is a 5.1 seconds without launch control.

With launch control I can't keep it under 7 seconds with wheel spin at the lowest 3100 rpm setting. I cannot think of a circumstance where 4500 rpm would even make sense.
That is what frustrated me with launch control. The wheel spin killed the 0-60 times. I have tried launch control a couple of times with my new car which is only a 5.7 with A8, just trying to figure out the rpm. It hasn't been warm enough here yet to get a good read though. I tried 1500 and 2000 rpm's. At 1500, I got some wheel spin and a 5.3 second run. At 2000, I got a lot more wheel spin and a 5.7. The 5.7 has so much low end torque and the little 245 tires just can't hold it, so more rpm just makes it worse. Without launch control, I just give it about half throttle to get me rolling and then mash it, gives me a 5.0 almost every time.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I ordered an SRT 6 Speed, but it hasn't been built yet. I can look when I get it.

·
Registered
12,221 Posts
It looks like you set your Launch RPM - This is from the User Manual.

Manual Transmission — If Equipped Vehicles with a manual transmission have an adjustable launch RPM controlled through the Uconnect system. Launch Mode is only available when the following procedure is followed: 1. Push the LAUNCH button on the center stack switch bank. NOTE: Pushing the SRT button on the center stack or pressing the “Apps” button on the touchscreen are two other options to access launch mode features. Please refer to “Uconnect Settings” in “Multimedia” in your Owner’s Manual or the “Drive Modes Supplement”, for further information. 2. Slide the RPM slider bar on the touchscreen. This screen will allow you to adjust your launch RPM’s for optimum launch/traction. 3. Press the “Activate Launch Mode” button on the touchscreen. 4. Make sure the vehicle is not moving. 5. Make sure the steering wheel is pointing straight. 6. Fully depress the clutch pedal and make sure the vehicle is in first gear. 7. While holding the clutch depressed, rapidly apply and hold the accelerator pedal to wide open throttle. The engine speed will hold at the pre-selected launch RPM. The engine speed will hold at the RPM that was set in the “Launch RPM Set-up” screen. NOTE: Messages will appear in the instrument cluster to inform the driver if one or more of the above conditions have not been met. 8. When conditions 4 through 7 have been met, the instrument cluster display will read “Launch Ready Release Clutch”. Release the clutch quickly and continue to hold wide open throttle to launch execute shifts. Refer to “Manual Transmission – If Equipped” in “Starting And Operating” in the Owner’s Manual for further information. Release the clutch and continue to hold wide open throttle to launch. 9. Keep the vehicle pointed straight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the replies fellas.

My dealership contacted "The SRT Team" yesterday and they said whatever the vehicle is pre-programmed at is correct and it cannot be changed with new firmware.

So on the 2018 6-Speed the rpm range is limited to 3100 - 4500 RPM and cannot be adjusted any lower. The range for the Automatic Transmission is supposed to be lower.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hey all,

I believe I am having an issue with my launch control settings.

Everything functions with launch control as it should. What I am unsure of it that the RPM settings give me a range of 3100-4500 rpms.

This seems to be on the opposite end of the spectrum as even at 3100 rpms I still just sit and spin. There would be no hope to hook up at 4500 rpms, this seems entirely too high to even be an option.

I cannot find literature to confirm what the settings should actually have available, but from the research I have done, the range is typically below the 3100 rpm threshold.

My car is a 2018 Challenger T/A 392 with 2,500 miles.
That range is correct. My 392 6sp has the same range. Don't ask me how it feels because I don't plan on ever using the launch control.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've noticed when I use my launch control as soon as I activate it i have about 5 to 7 seconds to let off the brake or it deactivates. My only hope is the lights hit green before it shuts off. I haven't been to the track yet, but I would say I should stage last or ask for a pro light. Anyone used it at the track yet?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts