1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
20171208_195425.jpg
20171207_165855.jpg
20171208_195425.jpg
20171207_165855.jpg

I have a 2018 gt and whenever I try to use launch control it's stuck at 1000 rpm and the scroll bar is glitched
I have a 2018 gt and whenever I try to use launch control it's stuck at 1000 rpm and the scroll bar is glitched
I have a 2018 GT as well, finally hit 500 miles and was pumped to do launch control only to find out what you've mentioned. The rpm won't move from 1000 and the selector bar/line is glitched down through the NAV icon until you hit it. I work for a Dodge dealership and have been actively looking into this. Unfortunately there is no fix as of yet, but I am however raising some eyebrows with a few of the Chrysler techs/ Reps/Brand Mentor and Engineers. It's a glitch they didn't realize was a problem. The 2018 radios are different from 2017. Different vendors. (Which hasn't been fun to deal with lately). Every 2018 has this issue. And all 2017s are adjustable from 1500 to 3500 rpm and really do launch!

·
Registered
3 Posts
View attachment 112726 View attachment 112727 View attachment 112726 View attachment 112727

I have a 2018 GT as well, finally hit 500 miles and was pumped to do launch control only to find out what you've mentioned. The rpm won't move from 1000 and the selector bar/line is glitched down through the NAV icon until you hit it. I work for a Dodge dealership and have been actively looking into this. Unfortunately there is no fix as of yet, but I am however raising some eyebrows with a few of the Chrysler techs/ Reps/Brand Mentor and Engineers. It's a glitch they didn't realize was a problem. The 2018 radios are different from 2017. Different vendors. (Which hasn't been fun to deal with lately). Every 2018 has this issue. And all 2017s are adjustable from 1500 to 3500 rpm and really do launch!
View attachment 112726 View attachment 112727 View attachment 112726 View attachment 112727

I have 2018 SXT plus with the same problem. Went to the dealership got the radio replaced and still not working, service dept. don’t know what to do, after my second visit the Service Manager hasn’t call me yet after 2 weeks, sales dept. told me that’s how the vehicle works in a V6 and finally I open a case with FCA about a week and no response yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Probably won't work, but has anyone tried disconnecting the negative battery terminal in the trunk for 30 minutes or so then reconnecting to see if resetting that stuff makes a difference? Might not do anything, but it's free and not too hard to try.

Reactions: Kustom1950ford

·
Registered
2 Posts
UPDATE #1After hours of phone calls to Chrysler, Uconnect, and then at the dealership with my tech contacting STAR, This is what's happened:

Chrysler Customer Care transferred me up the chain to the engineering team. Along the way I heard a lot of "uhhhhhs" "ummms" "realys?!" and "uh ohs". Sounds like I raised a Red Flag lmao. Uconnect said there's nothing they could do and that it's not a feature they touch(figured as much) but that was one of the recommendations from customer care.

Now there's been a long process with STAR and my tech that resulted in them asking a lot of detailed questions. They again were informed that all 2018 gts are having this issue. You can tell by their response that they too as the master engineers are puzzled and know this shouldn't be like this.

With all the information they were given, STAR then had my tech do a complete factory reset and other updates it was a long update! By the end of the day, That update/programming did not fix the launch APP. Still puzzled , STAR is going to get back to us after Christmas to try other things.

These Continental made radios are NOT the greatest. There have been a lot of issues and replacements done with them, but this issue is more of an incorrect programming concern. On the bright side, STAR knows the Launch APP is supposed to work and there should be other features and images in there like the 17s, however the '18 radios are missing some key features and abilities.Theres been word that we may try to get the 17 radio to be fully programmed In the 18s... This is going to be a lengthy, educational, and hopefully successful procedure to make sure all of our 2018 GTs features are working 100% lol. I'll keep you all posted after the Holidays! Merry Christmas !

·
Registered
17 Posts
Anybody get an update from FCA? My dealership doesn't know what's up either, but interested to hear what FCA comes up with on that open ticket.
Luckily I don't have any races coming up, and it's snowing outside :)
Thanks for all the helpful info y'all!

For those who also want to report the Issue, here's a video I made which demonstrates the user interaction.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Any update? Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi there,

I noticed that a guy on youtube has a 2018 GT with the same issue and he mentioned that there is a service bulletin with a flash to fix the issue.

I'm taking my car to a dealership tomorrow for the fix; I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I went to the dealership, they flashed it and all good!

When you go to your dealership, tell them there was a service bulletin on it. They may not have heard of the issue, but they can find it.

Good luck folks!
Thanks for the guidance!! I'm looking forward to finally and fully using this feature.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went to the dealership, they flashed it and all good!

When you go to your dealership, tell them there was a service bulletin on it. They may not have heard of the issue, but they can find it.

Good luck folks!
I have the same issue on my 2018 SXT Plus. I went to the dealer yesterday and didn’t find any update for it. Is there a specific tsb number they need to look? Do you know? Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 gt and have and nothing but issue since I bought the car started with glitches in my uconnect but lunch control worked perfectly. Took it in for an update, and lunch crontrol stoped working completely. Took it back to the dealership to fix it, after keeping it for 2 days I got the car back with launch control Partially working at a max of 2100 RPMs and the dealership telling me dodge said my car shouldn’t have launch control even though it came with super track pack. Unplugged my battery today and the uconnect is showing the Chrysler logo and has no options for my heated or vented seats nor does the speakers work. I’m thinking dodge should buy my car back and let my buy a manual R/T I’m getting fed up with there computers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was having the same issue with my 2018 GT, took it to the dealership and advised them of a TSB for this issue along with an open recall. Both were taken care of.
Now I just need to be smarter than the car and figure out how to use it, max rpm is 2100 and every launch cancels

·
Registered
21 Posts
I apologize for bumping such an old thread, but I am having the same issue on my 2018 SXT Plus.
The difference however being that my Challenger did not come with launch control from the factory, I enabled it using a Tazer.

Now I was wondering if anyone here had more details on this TSB, so that perhaps I could flash the changes myself using AlfaODB if it's a BCM settings change. Alternatively, how much trouble would I be in if I took it to a dealer, and played dumb like it was there all along just not working. I did purchase the vehicle used, so it could be a somewhat plausible story. My biggest concern would me messing up my warranty.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts