Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have an automatic 2014 SRT8 core...how do you use the launch control? I might be racing the local lambo gallardo so I wanna be prepared.

·
Registered
22,643 Posts
First it probably should only be used at the track as it won't work all that great if there is a bunch of loose gravel or lousy road surface. That said hit the ESC off button twice to put the vehicle into launch control. The display should then read Launch Control enabled. Then hold the brake and make sure the vehicle is in drive. While holding the brake rapidly apply the accelerator pedal to wide open throttle. The engine speed will hold at approx. 1,825 rpm. The EVIC display should then read Launch Ready Release Brake. Release the brake and continue to hold wide open throttle to launch the vehicle.

The instructions are in the owners manual if you want a more detailed explanation. Personally if I wanted to launch hard on the street I'd just leave traction control on and then feather foot it out of the hole.

Reactions: dodge boy

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
I would suggest getting more seat time before you try that one though depends on the model but they run Low's 12 to low 11's

·
Now that was dumb!
6,005 Posts
call me a prude but 18 years old with an SRT? be careful buddy!

^^^^^^^^^ I am with TGMM.....you may think you can handle it but you won't know until you try it the first time. Do it in the clear with no one around. Things can turn sour in a heartbeat.

Reactions: kilo1

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hey guys I have an automatic 2014 SRT8 core...how do you use the launch control? I might be racing the local lambo gallardo so I wanna be prepared.
Don't wreck daddy's car, the Lambo may eat your lunch out of the whole.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts