Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first car that I have had to worry about the seat material before, and after about five years I figure it’s about time to take care of the inside.

This is a seasonal driver so UV damage and also mileage on the car is minimal. I am more worried about having the leather dry out and crack over anything else.

Can anyone recommend a good cleaner and conditioner or the 2 in 1 kind for cleaning and protecting black leather seats?

Do I have to worry about protecting the suede as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
You don't want to use anything on the "suede" because it is a synthetic product not leather. The only thing I do is vacuum it regularly. Do a Google search on cleaning "microsuede" if you have any stains, etc. On the leather, the manual says to just use a damp cloth. This is good advice because the leather is top coated so it is essentially the same as cleaning vinyl. The parts of the seat you don't normally touch are matching vinyl. I have used Sonax leather cleaner on the leather and it leaves a nice matte finish.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
My "leather" seats in my RT are vinyl coated (most modern interior leather has some kind of coating) I use this product. It's awesome! Use on dash ,

door skins, steering wheel and console. Its a sealant and only needs to be applied once/ maybe twice a year. Then I just use some distilled water on

clean micro fiber (just enough to barely dampen it) to wipe everything down whenever it needs it. Leaves an OEM finish too with a really slick feel to it.

http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-interior-guard-12.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts