Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Car is 100% stock 2020 Scat, looking to get a little more sound but keep things decent when driving on the interstate. It was suggested to me that an oem to Flowmaster FX swap of the mid muffler was a good approach at a reasonable cost (maybe $350 ish installed). Anyone heard this setup? Apparently the FX series is fairly new and I haven't found sound clips on this exact approach. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2020 Challenger SXT, Frostbite color, Driver Convience Pkg, Navigation and Sunroof.
113 Posts
I agree with keeping the rear resonators and experimenting with the mid mufflers, either eliminating or try the Flowmaster FX's.
You will also have to see how it is with your active exaust.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Nothing like long tubes to improve the sound.

Reactions: ArchGE

·
Registered
46 Posts
Good information. Are you pretty happy with the sound overall?
I couldn't be happier. The cold starts are quite loud,[full disclosure, i have the MFER1 exhaust valve mod installed] but it settles down quickly. Cold starts may be different if you leave the exhaust valves active. I was considering a borla cat back, but i was unsure of the sound. I figured id try a less expensive option, there are plenty of threads on this.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
The older 5.7 Challengers have a 2 1/2" exhaust system while the newer 5.7 Challengers have a 2 3/4" active exhaust. They sound nothing like one another. I have challengers with both. I added a complete Corsa Extreme exhaust on my 2012 and even after that, it sounded nothing like my stock 2017 exhaust. So when comparing, make sure it is apples to apples.

Reactions: NewOldGuy

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T SP WB M6
96 Posts
I went round and round with this also, mid delete and active delete is a good start but i went full on and got the Magnaflow Xmod.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The older 5.7 Challengers have a 2 1/2" exhaust system while the newer 5.7 Challengers have a 2 3/4" active exhaust. They sound nothing like one another. I have challengers with both. I added a complete Corsa Extreme exhaust on my 2012 and even after that, it sounded nothing like my stock 2017 exhaust. So when comparing, make sure it is apples to apples.
That's funny, I deleted my resonators and kept the Flowmaster mufflers and the sound is incredible, no joke! I mean technically you are correct about output sizes, but real world experience for my car was unreal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Furniture Rectangle Grass Motor vehicle Brick

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plant Tree Wheel

Mid mufflers removed from 2020 scat, there is not as much to them as I expected.

Installed the Dynomax 24250 race bullets in their spot ($132 labor after tax at Midas muffler +$48 after tax & shipping for bullets). I think I will be happy but with me and all things muffler time will tell. If you are in the mood for a quiet relaxing cruise on a two lane you can still set the cruise at 58 and the exhaust doesn't intrude, which is not why you buy a muscle car but it is something I appreciate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts