Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat, 6 Speed Manual
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody installed LED needles on their car? I have custom face plate and was wondering if there is any soldering or is it plug and play?

What do you guys think for colors? I can order white, red, and blue, I am leaning white.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,439 Posts
I certainly can't answer your questions about the LED's, but as for the color, white is probably your best option. Too bad you can't get the color to match your back stripe pkg.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah Betty it would be nice if they were orange in the day and white at night, not sure how that would work but I would like the look! I like the day look now it just hard to see at night which I want to get this done before fall and winter.

I would get white replacement needles with the and not the stock ones so I should get white.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went with white but they are out of stock until late September :( will throw a pic up when I finally install

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I finally got these babies in and installed! My oh my do these make a difference. Here are some pics and install tips:

1: remove kick panel
2: remove gauge facia
3: remove 4 screws holding in cluster
4: remove all screws holding back cover on cluster
5: remove all screws holding mother board onto cluster
6: install LEDs over pins
7: reassemble in reverse order
8: tap into orange wire with supplied splice
9: ground into screw behind cluster
10: reassemble cluster

tip: mark needle location on non-visible portion of cluster with sharpie to get baseline location

I am vinyl wrapping the cluster tomorrow night and then will button all up.

Pictures:

Before at night:

After at night:

Overall difficulty is about 3/10 not bad at all

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,439 Posts
That looks great!! Overall difficulty for YOU is 3/10, but for me it would be 10/10! Ha! Thanks for sharing this!

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,532 Posts
I really like those! :rep: I've done most of my interior light in blue LED(courtesy of Leebroox). Wonder what that will look like?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really like those! :rep: I've done most of my interior light in blue LED(courtesy of Leebroox). Wonder what that will look like?
You can get red, white, and blue needles. The white needles can do all three colors with a little rotator switch. That is what I would suggest.

Appreciate the reps!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All button up after I vinyl wrapped the cluster:

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,672 Posts
That looks great,nice job.

Reactions: wyo.hemi

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Just saw this - nicely done! Reps inbound!

·
More Than Just A Car
20,522 Posts
Nice job!! I never even thought of changing out the lights!
I went at it a little different, I went with a orange theme,and the red needles at night just didn't work out to good, even during the day the red didn't look right . I took a black sharpie to the needles and problem solved.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My son said, "WHOA!!! Do that to yours, DAD!" Great! Trying to install Halos and now the boy wants me to pull more of my hair out. Ha!
Haha, it is a pretty easy install and not a hair pulling experience.

Just saw this - nicely done! Reps inbound!
Thank-you!

Nice job!! I never even thought of changing out the lights!
I went at it a little different, I went with a orange theme,and the red needles at night just didn't work out to good, even during the day the red didn't look right . I took a black sharpie to the needles and problem solved.

The needles made a world of difference at night, after a month or so I still love the look.

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
Very nice indeed!

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,532 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts