Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I started the simple replacement of my maplights. I want to change them to UV LED. I bought 2 of the suggested bulbs from superbrightleds.com. I installed them. Hooked the battery back up. Voila, they work. Mind u the doors were open. Closed the doors, the whole system dimmed after a little bit as usual. I hit the map light and I got only a tiny glow.

Opened the door again...BRIGHT. uhm...yeah, so I got out, undid the battery, took out the bulbs and flipped them, thinking it was maybe the polarity issue. NOPE! Same thing. Works great from the signal from the door being opened, and a tiny glow from the map light click switch.

What gives here?!

·
Dazed & Confused
36,239 Posts
Check and make sure you don't have your dash lights turned to dim. Not sure but I think they are part of the same circuit and it takes so much voltage for them to go fully lit.

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,366 Posts
I want to say mine did the same thing... It was so long ago, I cant remember what I did to fix.. I want to say I just kept messing with them making sure they were seated properly... anyhow they work fine now. Sorry if that isn't much help, but I know mine did that at first too...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check and make sure you don't have your dash lights turned to dim. Not sure but I think they are part of the same circuit and it takes so much voltage for them to go fully lit.
Nope. No dim. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts