Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
The best place to get it is dealer. Theres so many options for it. Smallest thing you dont have makes the biggest difference. Like heated steering wheel, controls for radio and the turn signal switch stuff. I took the time to take a pic of my '15 steering angle count in my '11. The count is different then i told you on this one, not sure if its cause its a challenger. Last one i had issues with was a charger. Heres the count pics tho.
20200630_142900_HDR.jpg
20200630_142855_HDR.jpg
20200630_142840_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
253 Posts
One more thing. When you do swap it, make sure the tires are straight. Dont turn until process is completed. Dont remove the locks from the new clock spring til its on the column. Clock springs are pain in a$$. Its a ribbon wire. Dodge added so much stuff into it like steering angle sensor and all the radio and option controls along with the wipers and turn signals. Think its a scam to get more $$ out of the consumer in my opinion.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
So do I have to use a scanner and confirm the steering wheel angles? Or should I just be able to install a new one and once all is set reconnect it all and tighten steering wheel. I should be good to go from there right?

·
Registered
253 Posts
You should be able to install it and be ok. Just have the wheels straight first,then install and put steering wheel back on without turning anything. Steering wheel should go on straight without you having to turn the clockspring for any reason.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
41 - 46 of 46 Posts