Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 RT Challenger. Developed an issue just the other day. When I hit the turn-signal indicator to make a left-hand turn, the signal flashes faster than when I make a right hand turn which is blinking normally.

I checked all the lights when I do this. On the rear lights on the car, there seems to be no bulbs out and they will all flash when I indicate a left-turn.

The Hazard lights also light up on both sides of the rear deck.

The only light that won't flash on the left-turn indicator is the front amber light on the driver's side (left indicator). Interestingly enough, the amber light is on, and is lite-up, it just won't flash like it should indicating a left-hand turn.

My car came with the stock OEM setup. I have not done any mods to the lighting on this car, so this isn't a "mod" issue. I had this car built made-to-order back in 2009, so I chose the "inexpensive" lighting option. The set-up is simple bulbs, and NOT the upgraded option.

Car is not winter driven, and I take the upmost care of it.

I read a couple of postings on this issue on this forum and I checked out a few youtube video's on this issue. There is one youtube video which was pretty much bang-on with the issue I am experiencing and all that guy did was change out the amber bulb on the driver-side and it fixed his issue. I'm assuming I have the same issue????

Can someone here confirm how many amber bulbs are in the front light-housing of a 2010 set-up? Also, anyone here know off hand what the part# is for that amber turnsignal-bulb?

Much appreciated and looking forward to reading some feedback.

·
Dazed & Confused
35,851 Posts
Only a single bulb in the front. Be sure to check your side marker lights as well. Not sure if they flash or not but they tend to get overlooked a lot.

·
Registered
1937 ram, 1970 340 Duster, 1993 stealth, 2010 challenger rt, 2014 ram
537 Posts
Just checked my turn/park, the bulb above has two filaments, one for park one turn. One filament can break without damaging the other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts