Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help and information from my Mopar Brethren , The lettering on the rear of our cars where it reads " Dodge " does anyone know where to get the lettering? What the font is ?I am wanting to replace the word Dodge but I have no clue where to get the lettering or the font , I assume its held on with double sided tape?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,555 Posts
Just off the top of my head, and I've never compared them, but Advance Auto carries a similar thing. Just go to a store and check.

·
Registered
402 Posts
it is held on with VHB tape but... they're also molded into the plastic of the twilight so even when you remove the chrome letters there are still sunken letters reading "dodge"

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info Joe , I didnt know that. I guess it's true what they say about the word assume . I was wanting to replace the word Dodge on the back with the word Mopar.Just to be different , any more there quite a few Challengers around even another redline red one .

·
Registered
193 Posts
Wasn't there a mopar external appearance package that came with mopar instead of dodge on the taillights? Maybe try to find the part number for the center section of taillights? Or, a much cheaper suggestion would be to debadge and take some sort of silicone or body filler to fill in the depressed lettering and stick the mopar on top of it.

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Call your local Dodge parts dept.
Normally that would be sound advice .....however my local dealer said that the functional scoops wouldn't work on mine because it didn't come with them, then just the other day while getting my oil change I asked the service manager if they had seen many of the timing chain recalls. I was only making conversation mind you , he actually checked to see if my SXT was involved in the recall.Then assured me that it was not involved.
I thanked him then left quickly.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the responses and suggestions guys I really appreciate it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts