Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone. im looking to find a lift kit to make my challenger a little more offroad worthy. i've seen cars on google ad youtube running 28" rims. so i figure if people can build there cars to run those i can find a way to fit 31" mud tires on the back of mine. any help would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,757 Posts
Welcome from AZ,probably wont need much of a lift to fit 31" tires on the rear anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping to give it a bit of room to flex. Is there any bolt in rim lifts out there? If I could get 31s in the front and 33s in the back I would be a happy guy. This is probly the last thing g anyone ever plans on doing to a challenger but if anyone has seen a pic of one with mud tires on it and wants to find it and post it that would be cool.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts
You may want to contact a good 4x4 shop in your area and get their input in it. Don't think there are too many here that are going this route.

·
Registered
880 Posts
subbed! Im curious to see what this will look like. I think the green mustang on gas monkey looks pretty cool with the bfg all terrains. good luck on your search!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright so I have been in contact with a local shop and a local metal fab shop. What I've learned is its defidently possible but will require some trial and error on the fan shops end. So basicly I'm getting some 2 inch thick spacers made for the coils that should lift it up. Then the auto shop will be trying to get it aligned properly if its even possible. If that route doesn't work out I'll be out a few bucks and back to the drawing board. So if this doesn't work I will be buying a rim lift for a charger from eBay and having it worked on to fit into my challenger. After all is said and done I will be running 31 inch super swamped bogers in the front and if they fit 33 inch bloggers in the rear. Also looking at having a custom baja style winch bumper made for the front and a tube bumper made for the rear. Now to address the ones questioning this lol well everyone seams to lower their cars... That's great if you live in a city. But I live in a small rural town. Now your wondering why the heck did I buy a car? Same reason you all did, cause there fricken sweet. I just want mine to be practical for where I drive.... That just happens to be on a lot of dirt roads. Its still going to be a challenger, just not a lowered hot rod that you can drive 150 mph at the drag strip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Alright so I have been in contact with a local shop and a local metal fab shop. What I've learned is its defidently possible but will require some trial and error on the fan shops end. So basicly I'm getting some 2 inch thick spacers made for the coils that should lift it up. Then the auto shop will be trying to get it aligned properly if its even possible. If that route doesn't work out I'll be out a few bucks and back to the drawing board. So if this doesn't work I will be buying a rim lift for a charger from eBay and having it worked on to fit into my challenger. After all is said and done I will be running 31 inch super swamped bogers in the front and if they fit 33 inch bloggers in the rear. Also looking at having a custom baja style winch bumper made for the front and a tube bumper made for the rear. Now to address the ones questioning this lol well everyone seams to lower their cars... That's great if you live in a city. But I live in a small rural town. Now your wondering why the heck did I buy a car? Same reason you all did, cause there fricken sweet. I just want mine to be practical for where I drive.... That just happens to be on a lot of dirt roads. Its still going to be a challenger, just not a lowered hot rod that you can drive 150 mph at the drag strip.
I know it’s an old post, but did you get the tires on? Any troubles getting everything working properly? Have any pictures? Thanks, I have a 2015 and I’d love to increase the ride height/sidewall height. Everyone seems to want to make their cars race-ready, but I didn’t get my car to race so I’m not worried about the handling trade offs of taller tires and higher CG.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,757 Posts
I know it’s an old post, but did you get the tires on? Any troubles getting everything working properly? Have any pictures? Thanks, I have a 2015 and I’d love to increase the ride height/sidewall height. Everyone seems to want to make their cars race-ready, but I didn’t get my car to race so I’m not worried about the handling trade offs of taller tires and higher CG.
Op has not been on here in 7 years, doubt if you will get a reply.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Op has not been on here in 7 years, doubt if you will get a reply.
True, figured it was worth a shot though. I know the front suspension would be the biggest headache since the ball joint sits just above the tire, so I was just wondering if he (or anybody else) found a way.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
there was a guy on youtube that did this. wonder if it is the same person. either way, we seem to have awakened a dead post. again. doh!

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
3,760 Posts
Here's a nice example...Hellcat no less. GRRRRRRR!!

Reactions: P.M.F. & PAL

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
3,760 Posts
Here's an Old School example...not the original chassis though. All you'd need would be a few Camaro's and Mustangs to line up and roll over Monster Truck style!

Reactions: P.M.F. & PAL

·
Trigger657
2,590 Posts
Here's an Old School example...not the original chassis though. All you'd need would be a few Camaro's and Mustangs to line up and roll over Monster Truck style!
View attachment 271833 View attachment 271834
We had a guy down here build one just like this one back in the 80's (But it was Black). Had another friend build a 73 Road Runner into an Off road animal also around the same time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts