Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone can help. I have a 2016 Dodge Challenger and I was just driving and my check engine light came on and my headlights wouldn't turn off. Has this happened to anyone by chance? Or does anyone have any advise on what I can do?
Thanks

· Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,168 Posts
Kind of a weird set of symptoms.

The lights stay on even if you turn the headlight switch to off? (Well, assuming the switch has an off position.) Or get out of the car with the engine off and you lock the car?

If your car supports checking for errors/warnings from behind the steering wheel I would start there.

Just can't help but mention seemingly unrelated electrical issues can arise from a failing battery or an alternator that is not working 100%.

At some point I think the battery needs to be checked along with the battery connections/cabling. And alternator output checked over some time.

I've watched techs let a car with a suspected bad alternator idle in a service bay. After some minutes the car would manifest "weird" electrical issues then eventually after running rough for a moment or two the engine would die.

In another car of mine I happened to see the battery voltage low, down from its normal ~14V level. As I drove I checked the voltage gauge and the level continued to fall, albeit slowly. I knew what was going on and got to the dealer before the car started manifesting any issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts