Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took about a half hour, but I was able to knock out the new intake and catch can install. Neither was really hard. Hardest part was getting the stock PVC hoses off(ended up just cutting one off lol). Definitely going to upgrade to the braided lines in the future, but for right now, i can stand the rubber hoses. I'll try to get around to painting the engine cover this week as well. The CAI install was a breeze. Thing looks great and sounds better. Even had to cut the radio off to listen to her as I cruised around. Of course, I also went back to a desolate area of country road to see if the new CAI helped in lowering the 0-60. I found that it didn't. No biggie. My fastest time so far has been a 5.11, on a cold night with traction control off. Today I registered a 5.30. Saw a check engine light come on so I quickly scooted home to plug my intune in and read the code. P0113. Intake air temperature. Silly me didn't plug the sensor back in. Cleared the code, haven't driven it since, but I'm a take it out for a few mins tonight to see if that clears the code. Hopefully so. If not, I may have to take th intake back off and see if I have the sensor pointed the right direction.

Anyway, here's a pic.

Now I just need to figure out why my intune app freezes on my laptop because it's keeping me from updating the tuner and tuning this beast. I also still have my blastin bobs reso delete kit riding around in my trunk lmao. Hopefully I get that knocked out in th next upcoming weeks.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,033 Posts
Nice install and I'm partial to the LMI's myself. I'm hoping to install an LMI Air Hammer soon. Just curious, I noticed you left on the mounting bracket that supported the resonator/silencer from the OEM airtube. If you don't mind me asking, what was your reason for leaving it installed?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice install and I'm partial to the LMI's myself. I'm hoping to install an LMI Air Hammer soon. Just curious, I noticed you left on the mounting bracket that supported the resonator/silencer from the OEM airtube. If you don't mind me asking, what was your reason for leaving it installed?
Didn't have the right socket wrench at the time lol. Ifixed it this morning however

·
Registered
23,118 Posts
Nice job, thinking about installing a LMI at some point on my SRT.

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Great mods and only 1/2 hour? It took me 4 hours to put my K&N CAI in and I think I am the only one here who has installed a CAI and didn't notice any change in sound. :4-dontknow:

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Looks great! The LMI is the best intake system for these cars in my opinion!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great mods and only 1/2 hour? It took me 4 hours to put my K&N CAI in and I think I am the only one here who has installed a CAI and didn't notice any change in sound. :4-dontknow:
4 hours? You must have had to fabricate the intake yourself lol. The LMI intake was super easy because you just have undo like 5 screw for the stock intake, pull it out, line up your filter, tighten down 1 clamp on the filter side, and one clamp on the throttle body side. Hardest part was the breather filter, and I just used a little grease to line the inside of the stock tuning and slid it in there.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The K&N fits like crap, horrible job by K&N , I've used their products on many other cars, never had anything fit so poorly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.