Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Time to Spray Pff Pff
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made it out to the track last night to do more testing and tuning since I installed LMI's Headlamp Intake

For those who know my car, the converter is set up for nitrous. Its looking for a big shot out the hole to stall with so my 60fts are never fantastic on motor launches.

My previous best was a 1.68 60ft - [email protected] 121.00 mph. This was run @ PBIR with a DA of 800

Last night I ran her @ PBIR with DA of 917 with the only change being LMI's Intake tube. First run out resulted in this -

I added a few drops of few to account for more air to keep my AF right but I was amazed with the results. I never thought I would be this close to a 10 second motor pass without the use of either a different TQ converter or using the transbrake.

Chris, you have a solid product that made a huge difference!! Not everyone can claim these type of track results from an intake!

Im still waiting to see what she does for me on nitrous. I haven't broken my personal best times but I have seen a pick up in trap speeds of about 2-2.5mph at well. Still working on tune adjustments and launching, but expecting to see a little but of savings on nitrous as well. I will post up that info when I get my tune right.

The moral of the story..... if you race, you need one of these!!

·
12,990 Posts
That's an incredible gain for a CAI ,that's an interesting product, I've never seen one of those before. I'll bet there will be a lot of interest in that. :smileup:

·
Time to Spray Pff Pff
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well not for everyone or even a street strip car, it is a track only setup but I do have a few friends who have purchased an extra headlamp and have switched out the setup at the track.

Out of the few people I know with this, most have picked up about .2tenths with it....

·
12,990 Posts
well not for everyone or even a street strip car, it is a track only setup but I do have a few friends who have purchased an extra headlamp and have switched out the setup at the track.

Out of the few people I know with this, most have picked up about .2tenths with it....
I kind of figured on that, I know its not for guys like me but that's still a remarkable gain.

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Excellent results Dan :smileup:, although I'm not ready to remove a headlight I have been contemplating going with the LMI true CAI. It's not going to be quite as good as your set up but a lot of folks seem to swear buy it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts