Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you take Long road trips with your family or just yourself and how far have you gone? As for me the most I have gone is 400-ish and stayed over night and I was STRESSED about parking at the hotel! How about you am I all alone on this one? :att::4-dontknow:

·
Registered
16 Posts
stayed over night and I was STRESSED about parking at the hotel! How about you am I all alone on this one? :att::4-dontknow:

Only one? NO WAY hahah I get the talk from my wife everytime we take the car somewhere because she has to walk from the back of the parking lot to where ever we are going lol I just took mine on trip up through Utah and it was awesome.. getting on the road and just cruising is the best! As far as over night though.. I havent done that and when I do I know I'll be missing out on sleep that night

·
Moparaholic
1,171 Posts
I've done a long day trips..mostly to races in Indianapolis about 3 1/2hrs away. The Challenger is a great road trip car though. Super comfortable and a great cruiser. I'm actually taking a nice extended weekend trip up to Detroit next week!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Vancouver Island to Halifax through Canada. Back thru the States. Hotels all the way. Even used valet parking and no issues. Awesome road car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I live in Maryland and have made two trips to Houston, Tx and one trip to Plymouth, Ma. Have another trip to Texas coming up in a couple of weeks. I don't worry about parking at hotels. I usually stay at some nice ones and there are usually cars in the parking lot that are more valuable than mine. I'm more worried about the drivers on the road that I have to deal with between hotel stops.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
My Challenger has had several road trips.. One weekend alone she saw over 500 miles.. We drove from Baltimore MD to Delware on Saturday. Then Sunday we drove into VA, and even into West VA.. My wife and I enjoyed every minute of it..

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I do a nice long drive every few months from MA to NJ, and once I did a trip from Boston to Atlantic city and back in a weekend! 900 miles! Always a comfortable drive, and fun!

·
Dash Cam Guy
2,277 Posts
I've driven from VA to Northeast Ohio a few times. Takes about 6.5hrs depending on the PA turnpike traffic. I always forget the mileage, but I think it somewhere around 350.

·
Registered
353 Posts
From Maryland to WVa/Ohio and back once with the Mrs. I parked right outside my hotel window so I could peek out every now and then to make sure all was good.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Trip

I've taken our Challenger on two runs which were 200 miles round trip, in 3 years. I'm hesitant to go onto interstates knowing how easily the paint can be damaged. Right now, we have 8200 miles on her and we'll have her three years on October 31.
Keep on CHALLENGING!:smileup:

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I've done the Florida to NY run (in less than 12 parsecs) a few times. For reference, my 2010 has 72k on it already :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ditto on the Florida runs. My wife and I took the '10 SRT to Tampa and back, averaging 25.5 MPG (almost all of it in sixth gear).

For reference, she has 66,900 miles on the ticker.

O

·
Registered
32 Posts
Took mine from Nv to Ky and back, a little over 5000 miles and looking at taking it to Tucson in a few months. I also take it to Reno about once a month, 500 miles round trip.The car is a cruiser, can't wait for the next trip.

Ron

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tillamook, OR to Sacramento, Ca. and back stayed at cousins house ....... funeral. 26mpg and a few 300 mile one way trips, no funerals, but to a job site, so not much better.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
We've done three trips to speak of. One was to Reno. We stayed about a week. I'd had the car about a month or two. I was so glad to see it come back from the valet intact! :ura1:

About six months ago we went to Pismo Beach for a couple days. I was able to park it right under the window of the hotel we were staying at. I kept finding myself peaking out the window just to check. :4-looney:

And Finally, last month we went to Long Beach, and I had to leave it at the Long Beach Cruise Terminal! It was fine when we got back. That was actually the longest we've done so far at 800 miles round trip. :Wow1:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
longest one day was from OK to ND...1100ish miles. But it has been on a DC to OK trip....about 1400 miles....but I took 4 days. :) Didn't worry too much about parking...had to drag the bags a ways though. ;)

I have about 14000 on it so far.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,197 Posts
Longest trip to date was Key West to Gatlinburg, Tn in 2011. A little over 1000 miles each way plus all the fun driving in between. Split the driving up over a few days though; max ~500 miles/day

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Well lets see...longest trip at one time was from TN to Ca and back, stopping through Co to visit friends, that was a 5600 mi trip the first summer I got the car. Had multiple trips from Tn to Pa, 1200 round trip...then went to the Outer Banks from Pa and back...so yea I had a few long trips. My kids are down in NC so I take trips there also. As far as parking at hotels there were no issues with that...great cruising car get out there and drive it!

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,733 Posts
Was just in Ottawa, which was about 500 miles away. That's the farthest so far. Parked in the hotel's lot behind the hotel, which had maybe 2 or 3 other cars in it. Everyone likes to park out front, which was packed. No problems parking in back amongst a sea of blacktop around me :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts