Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading post from all over the Internet and still haven't been able to find the truth about LTH and catless mids. Yes we all know about Bigdaddies 02 mini cats and the old spark plug fouler with steelwool trick. The turning off the secondary sensors blah blah, and please no EPA post of how its against the law PLEASE. We all know it's for off road use only. Save your breath. My question is, is it possible to run long tube headers and catless mids and pass state inspection ( yes we know some places they don't care about emissions ) or is it possible to not trigger a CEL running LTH with catless mids?

·
12,973 Posts
If I were in your shoes I think I would refer that question to Arrington or HHP.

·
Premium Member
12,168 Posts
I guess the question is are you willing to gamble with failing if you live in a state that runs the pipe sniffer and are you willing to put it all back if you are busted? The rest of all this really does not matter....

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
That's the 64 million dollar question isn't it, please let us know when you know..no seriously...

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I guess the question is are you willing to gamble with failing if you live in a state that runs the pipe sniffer and are you willing to put it all back if you are busted? The rest of all this really does not matter....
Even worse now in light of the new EPA garbage

·
Premium Member
12,168 Posts
That is the True True...

Reactions: saitoking

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I have been reading post from all over the Internet and still haven't been able to find the truth about LTH and catless mids. Yes we all know about Bigdaddies 02 mini cats and the old spark plug fouler with steelwool trick. The turning off the secondary sensors blah blah, and please no EPA post of how its against the law PLEASE. We all know it's for off road use only. Save your breath. My question is, is it possible to run long tube headers and catless mids and pass state inspection ( yes we know some places they don't care about emissions ) or is it possible to not trigger a CEL running LTH with catless mids?
I've done the catless thing and IMO it's stinks literally..I hated it, with pump gas the fumes would hang and saturate everything in the garage, with race gas it was a different kind of stink "just saying catless isn't for me"..on the code thing, it's voodoo pure and simple, no one really wants to say or admit either way..lastly I would venture to say most members on here don't even bother with LT headers with or without cats due to the same questions you have..did you muffler yours up yet or is still straight piped? Thumbs up on your video

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here in Texas they don't use a sniffer only scanned for CEL codes. Not worried I have been running cars for over 20 years here and never heard of anyone being busted.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've done the catless thing and IMO it's stinks literally..I hated it, with pump gas the fumes would hang and saturate everything in the garage, with race gas it was a different kind of stink "just saying catless isn't for me"..on the code thing, it's voodoo pure and simple, no one really wants to say or admit either way..lastly I would venture to say most members on here don't even bother with LT headers with or without cats due to the same questions you have..did you muffler yours up yet or is still straight piped? Thumbs up on your video
I have LTH and catless mids and JBA catback now. At the current time I have 900 miles with no CEL's I am currently running extenders and steel wool. When and if I get CEL's I will buy a set of catted mid pipes first and try them but I have 8 months to figure this out.

·
Dazed & Confused
35,841 Posts
I have LTH and catless mids and JBA catback now. At the current time I have 900 miles with no CEL's I am currently running extenders and steel wool. When and if I get CEL's I will buy a set of catted mid pipes first and try them but I have 8 months to figure this out.
Can you check and see if you have any codes stored? You can use your tuner or use your fob (if you have button you'll need to pop it out) by turning switch to on, back to acc, back to on, back to acc and then back to on and leave it there. If you have any codes stored they will show up in the odometer. If you happen to switch it off or crank during the sequence, you'll have to start over and you also need to do this quickly. If you have no codes you should be good to go.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Very nice...snap a few of the mids/ headers with 02's, foulers and extensions when you get a chance

·
12,973 Posts
Looks real good saitoking, I hope everything works out for you.

Reactions: saitoking
1 - 20 of 35 Posts