Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased Long tube headers from JBA and their connecting mid pipe. I am currently tuned and have a tune ready for after the installation that will also tune out the CEL from the O2’s. Do i need extensions for the o2’s and if so how many do i need? If i’m tuned, can i just plug the O2 Bungs up?

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I am in the process of doing the same thing, JBA LT headers and High Flow cat mid pipes. This is what I have been able to find out so far, The headers came with 24" extensions. The Kooks LT have a kit you buy and they say will work for all long tubes and mid pipes. It comes with 2 18" and 2 6" extensions. Had another bit of info that said the mids require 12". So when I take my 2016 shaker R/T Plus in for the appointment I will provide 2 24", 2 12" and 2 6". Sp I really don't know much more then you but have all bases covered I think.

Reactions: RyzRT

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have JBA LT and no cat mids. It comes with 1 set of extensions and I bought a set of BBK extensions. Glad I did I needed the extra set for the rear O2 sensors.

I have a HemiFever tune. I did install the rear sensors because I live in Maryland and will have to do emission inspection in 2 years. Still trying to figure that out.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Yep, no emissions check in Oregon, but we do have a law that disallows the shops from deleting the cats so I put in the high flows and 02's to keep everyone out of trouble. I htink it would also mess with my warranty.

Reactions: RyzRT

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
I installed the BBK Shorty headers and the Magnaflow High Flow Cats, the high flow cats came with 2 O2 holes one at the Cat body and the other further down past the entire Cat body, also one of the holes came with a plug. Which gave me a choice to use either hole for the O2 sensor, I blocked the one on the Cat body itself and used the hole furthest down the line for the O2 sensor, had to use BBK wire extenders on the drivers side, the passenger side actually reached.

I just wanted to share the O2 sensor location part was a little frustrating because the high flow cats did not come with any installation instructions or suggestions as to why there was even 2 holes provided on the high flow cats? I searched the net for information and the Magnaflow website to no avail, so I guessed and made my own choice of where to locate the O2 sensor, and since it has not thrown a CEL I assume it was the right guess.

I went a different route with Hemifever tune and Sean wrote a tune if it threw a CEL, but so far it has not done that. Going the header and high flow cats is definitely paying off in increased power, it is very exciting to drive the car now, and hard to keep your foot out of that gas pedal! :) Ry

Reactions: Johnnyreb

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I believe I read someplace else on here that they used the lower Hole for their mid pipe install with good results. My JBA mids only have the lower hole. This forum is also where I found the info on needing extensions. am extremely grateful to all who share the knowledge Especially the screw ups.

Reactions: mike t
1 - 6 of 6 Posts