Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So washing my car on one of the first decent days of spring, and i see this. ****! Insurance won't cover it, and it s like $450 plus paint. I don't think factory warranty will cover but haven't checked yet. Shitty, shitty day.

Attachments

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
Looks like someone was trying to separate the spoiler from the trunk lid by forcing it up from the overhang.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
Looks like it could have either been vandalism or a theft attempt. I think it might lean more towards an attempted theft. A vandal probably would have finished breaking off the piece. A thief would have left it after cracking the tip an ruining any value it would have had.

OP, I don't know what your deductible is, but I would file a police report and then a comprehensive claim with your insurer. Comp claims rarely result in rate increases, and theft or vandalism would both fall under comprehensive coverage.

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Yep almost guaranty that factory warranty wouldn't cover that,I know if I was writing Service it wouldn't be.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Man that really sucks, I've never seen that yet on here before, that's crazy! I would go through your insurance, it would just be a comprehensive claim, pay your deductible (hopefully it's around $100 or so) and you can have a body shop do the work. Shouldn't cost you $450. Even with a $250 deductible for your comprehensive you'd be well under $450.

Hope you get it fixed soon man!

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
My first thought was someone around 300 pounds hopped up butt first to sit on the rear end of your car right in the center.:shakehead:

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Man! I am so P$$$T to see that! It seems you just can't go anywhere now-a-days without some nim-nod messing with your stuff! At first I thought someone tried jumping on the rear of your car but then it looks like they tried prying it up on that end. Theft or vandal, it just ain't right. Lou.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. I think your right. I didn't think vandalisam/ theft at first but i bet your right. My parking lot at work is driving me crazy. Coworker totaled my last car. Two months after i got the challenger i got a ding right along the edge on the rear passenger side that could not be pulled out. And now this. Security always comes out and says we don't have a camera here but they say there are cameras. No way I'm paying $450. I park as far away from everyone as i can. May get a alarm while I'm spending the money.

·
801 RWHP
8,521 Posts
my automatic garage door was going up when it popped off the track and caught the spoiler and gouged the hell out of it. new one has been sitting in my living room for about a year. temporarily fixed the door myself. but new spoiler is not going on until door is permanently fixed.
buy yeah, yours looks like someone was up to no good.

·
801 RWHP
8,521 Posts
or something was laying on top of the rear quarter panel when someone shut the trunk. the end of the spoiler caught the object as the trunk lid came down. just another possibility.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
I've replaced my spoiler twice already....not such a big hit in the wallet. They're about $100 painted to match your car on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-14-Dodge...|Model:Challenger&hash=item27e061508e&vxp=mtr

Seems like your solution was posted right here. Less than a deductible and you original is not that hard to remove. I just removed mine a few days ago as I am getting ready to install a Go-Wing. Takes about 30 mins. Two studs with nuts on the very outer ends, then there are three plastic snap-ins and three 2-1/2" x 3" double sided adhesive tape in between the snap-ins. I used a guitar string to pull through the tape and it worked like a knife through butter!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ill be filling a police report just in case, and looking further into the ebay option. Seems like Ebay is easiest option, however some people had said they had to drill new holes to mount these. Hopefully they just got a defective one because that is no bueno.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks guys. I think your right. I didn't think vandalisam/ theft at first but i bet your right. My parking lot at work is driving me crazy. Coworker totaled my last car. Two months after i got the challenger i got a ding right along the edge on the rear passenger side that could not be pulled out. And now this. Security always comes out and says we don't have a camera here but they say there are cameras. No way I'm paying $450. I park as far away from everyone as i can. May get a alarm while I'm spending the money.
You can install a portable dash cam??....Can be hidden behind mirror and also under the read ceiling brake light..Im sure with todays gadgets,It can be done!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts