Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T 8 speed automatic that I installed a new UAQ 8.4" radio and lost sport mode. Took to dealership and they could not figure out, did not charge me either. Infotainment who I purchased it from said they have no fix for this, i tried to reprogram with tazer but no deal.
I have heard of buying 2016 body control module and getting it programed. Anybody know a straight fix for this? Appreciate the help in advance!!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
49,343 Posts
Welcome from AZ, I remember people losing Sport mode after an update a few years back but I do not remember the fix.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recall there being a problem with uconnect software updates but mine is self induced because of the radio install. If i put original radio back in sport mode returns. It does not do this with the 2016 challengers and having read a thread where the bcm from 2016 might work on 2015 challenger to regain the sport mode. Hoping its true.

·
What's Old is New Again!
36,739 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to ChallengerForumZ from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

·
Premium Member
2015 Challenger RT Plus Shaker
80 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.

There also was an additional U-Connect update to correct the one which lead to problems with some vehicles.
Perhaps you may want to check that first.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
550 Posts
What software version is the new radio using?

I think it was 17.11.XX that lost sport mode for a lot of people and 17.43.XX that brought it back. My 2015 SRT 6peed with a 8.4 screen with Nav is now on 18.45.XX. (The Xs represent where I can't remember the numbers.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did the car originally come with the 8.4?
Originally the car came with a 5.3" uconnect, not sure ont the software version, have appointment with dodge in the morning. I'll see if i can find out more tomorrow. Thanks for all the replies!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally the car came with a 5.3" uconnect, not sure ont the software version, have appointment with dodge in the morning. I'll see if i can find out more tomorrow. Thanks for all the replies!!
When i went to dealer mode the software version says 1119 which i dont understand.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
1,629 Posts
When i went to dealer mode the software version says 1119 which i dont understand.
Where are you located? A guy in my local group has the same issue, it may be resolved this week. I can keep you posted with the results.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Forget what I said about upgrading to Software 18.45.XX solving your problem. You upgraded to a radio that is capable of using Apple Car Play or Android Auto. Those radios have a different manufacturer than the stock radio prior to 2017.

BTW ... The Infotainment website says that you will lose Sport Mode with the UAQ radio you purchased:

• If your Challenger is a 2015 and currently features heated seats, ventilated seats, heated steering wheel, and/or sport mode you will lose the ability to manually turn these features on/off. However, the automatic control of the seats will still function. We hope to have a solution for this in the near future.
I don't know how often they update their website, but they said they "hoped" to have a solution .... I'd call them out on their promise.

I've seen enough posts from people with upgrade issues with radios purchased from Infotainment that I would not do business with them until they come up with a way to work with Dodge/SiriusXM/Uconnect to let the various systems know that there's a new radio assigned to the VIN. Way too many headaches just to get Apple Car Play.

I readily admit that I'm not familiar with every radio that Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram has put in their vehicles .... but I don't think the last photo is a FCA factory radio. I've never seen a "SD Map" button at the top of a FCA radio.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Forget what I said about upgrading to Software 18.45.XX solving your problem. You upgraded to a radio that is capable of using Apple Car Play or Android Auto. Those radios have a different manufacturer than the stock radio prior to 2017.

BTW ... The Infotainment website says that you will lose Sport Mode with the UAQ radio you purchased:

• If your Challenger is a 2015 and currently features heated seats, ventilated seats, heated steering wheel, and/or sport mode you will lose the ability to manually turn these features on/off. However, the automatic control of the seats will still function. We hope to have a solution for this in the near future.
I don't know how often they update their website, but they said they "hoped" to have a solution .... I'd call them out on their promise.

I've seen enough posts from people with upgrade issues with radios purchased from Infotainment that I would not do business with them until they come up with a way to work with Dodge/SiriusXM/Uconnect to let the various systems know that there's a new radio assigned to the VIN. Way too many headaches just to get Apple Car Play.

I readily admit that I'm not familiar with every radio that Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram has put in their vehicles .... but I don't think the last photo is a FCA factory radio. I've never seen a "SD Map" button at the top of a FCA radio.
When I contacted infotainment i asked if there was a fix and they said no, when i said there site was misleading by saying they were working on it they stopped chatting hahaha. I'm hoping a 2016 body control module will fix it, but I've only heard one person say so on the internet. Also waiting on zautomotive to reply if taser could do it. Thanks for the help all!!

·
Registered
550 Posts
I"m located in Vegas, the radio is a Panasonic with Mopar labels.
My question was about the 3rd picture in post #10. Our radios don't have a SD Map button and the AC controls are on a lower part of the console .... not immediately under the radio. That picture just doesn't look like it was taken in a 2015 Challenger.

Damn shame that Infotainment has left you (and others) high-and-dry. Pretty crappy to sell a radio as an OEM direct replacement and not tell people that it won't be upgradeable because it will never be assigned to the VIN. Even with their disclaimer. And, in my opinion, it makes it worse that they offer hope that a fix will be coming .... and then stop chatting when you bring it up. Like I said, getting Car Play in my 2015 isn't worth the risk/headache. I'd be losing more than I'd be getting.

From the recent pictures I see that your radio was built in 2019. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable then me can chime in about the differences between 2015 and 2019 systems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I added one picture too many, that was a screen shot of when i updated the map software on my wifes kia. The first two are from my challenger, sorry about that.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Id get the alpha obd software and change the parameters in the bcm. You changed from the small screen to the big one and didnt tell the bcm what you did. If you change the parameters in the bcm the sport mode should return.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
1,629 Posts
The Alfaobd is what the guy in my group is going to try. I'll let you know if it works out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts