Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...

I came across a fella on a Facebook Dodge group I'm a part of.

He's got this Stainless Works long tube kit for sale...

I've seen online that if you delete the cats, which this kit has, (cat delete with headers) it'll throw codes.

So my question is, what do I need to do to either avoid the codes, or address them once the kit is installed?

It's a good deal on the kit, its unused in the box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
798 Posts
First of all 2" primaries are WAY to large for your car.

You would need a tune for the headers as well as a spare PCM or have yours unlocked. You would also be kissing your powertrain warranty good bye.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First of all 2" primaries are WAY to large for your car.

You would need a tune for the headers as well as a spare PCM or have yours unlocked. You would also be kissing your powertrain warranty good bye.
Okay thank you.
I just also stopped by my local muffler/exhaust shop. The owner said it was a bad idea.
He suggested shorties instead. It's a direct replacement for the manifolds and all the stock cats, sensors etc. Are compatible.
Anything against going that route instead?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just had the Stainless Works long tubes installed on my 2012 SRT (I have the 1 7/8 primaries) with the cat delete. I had plans to install myself until I got under the car and started noting everything in the way and how little clearance there is around the headers. Much more than I could do with the tools I have in my home garage. Ended up taking to a very reputable shop that has done several before. They basically had to remove the engine mounts and lift the engine up a few inches to get clearance. Long story short, it took them about 10 hours to install the complete system. Also had to have HemiFever update my tune to ignore the rear 02 sensors, CEL came on within a couple minutes.
Overall I am pleased with the results, but it's a much larger job than the instructions from Stainless Works would have you believe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts