Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fairly new to the Challenger world. Have an air intake and exhaust with hurst short throw and a computer. I'm looking for some quick one the cheaper side strictly under the hood engine mods. What are your thoughts for the next steps in getting things done. Thanks for the input

·
12,990 Posts
I don't know what you mean by computer but if its a Trinity or another tuner your other options are not gonna be cheap, one way to get some meaningful HP fairly cheap is to go with a nitrous setup.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Research

This web forum in the engine mods section where you posted is a wealth of info from folks who have done the real world testing of engine mods and will save you a ton of time and money. Spend some quality time here and read the many 100's of great post. My Challenger is a 2009 R/T 6 spd and I still love reading about the HP upgrades done by members here. You have found a good home here. The only limitation of course is time and money.
JP:smileup:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Fairly new to the Challenger world. Have an air intake and exhaust with hurst short throw and a computer. I'm looking for some quick one the cheaper side strictly under the hood engine mods. What are your thoughts for the next steps in getting things done. Thanks for the input
What is your goal? is it to boast about how much hp you have? Is it to take it to the strip every now and again? Street racer (illegal and dangerous)?
You've already wasted your money on an air intake and exhaust that does very little for the money spent. Don't get mad, I did the same thing! For real hp increase, I'd recommend a dyno tune by a reputable tuner. Then it's time to step up to big boy bucks , because there isn't anything "cheap" when talking about hp and these cars. lastly, if you really want to get faster, most of us (me included) could probably knock off .50 to.75 ET just by practice in launching alone-cost+ $0. JMHO.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Kilo's exactly right, once you have set a budget and level of drivability you can stand this forum can sure help, around here you will find anything from bone stock to 7 second quarter miles

1 - 7 of 7 Posts