Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so the tires i have right now are cooper z 20'. They were pretty bad, bought them because they were on sale at the time. I have almost zero traction from a start if i go WOT. Im getting new tires as soon as winter some how ends. Im wondering what tires are good tires to get to fix this stupid traction problem I have. I would like them to be reasonably priced.

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Okay so the tires i have right now are cooper z 20'. They were pretty bad, bought them because they were on sale at the time. I have almost zero traction from a start if i go WOT. Im getting new tires as soon as winter some how ends. Im wondering what tires are good tires to get to fix this stupid traction problem I have. I would like them to be reasonably priced.
Unfortunately thats not a easy choice good tires reasonable and if you look for a 4 season tire even smaller, also remember that wider tires on the rear provide less traction on snow and ice .

·
Registered
448 Posts
I run General G Max on my SRT8, in 275/40/20. They grab pretty well, work real well in the rain, and smoke beautifully. :smileup:

And the price isn't too bad either.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat, 6 Speed Manual
1,103 Posts
I am also running General G Max paid about a grand all the way around installed and a are decent 4 season tire. I have my stock Goodyear Eagle F1's if you are interested, They are 245/45/20 with less than 500 miles on them. PM me if interested and I can send you some pics.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I have the Nitto Motivos and they seem to do pretty well. I used them all winter, and they handled just fine.

·
Registered
448 Posts
How do the 275s work up front? Any turning issues? Clearance with the suspension?
No clearance problems with the 275's on the stock SRT8 wheels. My car is lowered about 1.25", and my driveway has a pretty good tilt while backing out onto the road. My front spoiler touches once in a while, but I've never heard or felt the tires rub.

·
Registered
243 Posts
No clearance problems with the 275's on the stock SRT8 wheels. My car is lowered about 1.25", and my driveway has a pretty good tilt while backing out onto the road. My front spoiler touches once in a while, but I've never heard or felt the tires rub.
Sweet! Thanks for the update. Stock tire sizes in decent tires are unavailable. Knowing there are additional options out there is great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay these are some great ideas and sites ill check it out. I dont run in the winter i have a old jeep for that so weather isnt an issue. and 275's huh, never thought of that might try it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts