Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of anyone producing black overlays for the "DODGE" letters on the rear tail lens cover?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Use a knife to remove letters.
Paint letters black with any spray paint or plasti dip
Use 3m adhesive to re-stick the letters.

Drink beer, sit back and admire the best 15 mins you ever spent

Reactions: jackal

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Use a knife to remove letters.
Paint letters black with any spray paint or plasti dip
Use 3m adhesive to re-stick the letters.

Drink beer, sit back and admire the best 15 mins you ever spent
You, Sir, are a genius.

·
Registered
74 Posts
With plastidip I wouldnt bother removing the letters. Justt tape off the area in a square. Spray enough coats like 5. And then peel off the tape. It should pull all the excess plastidip off and youll be able to slowly pull it away from the letters all in one piece with out taking it off the letters. I love plastidip

·
Registered
949 Posts
X2 on the PlastiDip. I did remove the letters. Toughest part was cutting the thin pieces of 3M tape for the letter backs.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
I would leave the letters on also and tape them off. Don't spend the time to go through the hassle of new 3m tape.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
i did this to 2 challengers....and both times I removed the letters, plastidipped them, then reapplied simply with clear caulk. First car I did it to I had for 3 years that way and plastidip/caulk was still perfect...then I got this '14 and was one of my first 'mods'

Reactions: jackal

·
Registered
3 Posts
I Plasti Dipped mine and a friends without removing them. Just tape them off and then spray em with a few coats. Mine are black and my friends are purple they both stand out better now.

·
Longing for spring
2,215 Posts
That look real nice, thanks for that idea.
Sounds like something i will add to my winter-projects :smileup:

·
Dash Cam Guy
2,277 Posts
This mod has been in the back of my mind for a while. Maybe today is the day!

·
Dazed & Confused
36,567 Posts
I had mine painted to match the car when I had the tail lights tinted. They also make a emblem adhesive that comes in a tube that you can use to put them back, don't have to cut out the tape.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts