Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I don't have much to begin with. Patience that is. Eight weeks ago this week I ordered my Shaker hood/kit from Cervinis, painted both sides. Called today for an update. SUPPOSEDLY it is shipping at the end of this week which means it will arrive on week NINE!

This crap just smoke my onions! So much for a bad economy. These vendors are doing this much business? Holy crap, I am seriously considering starting up a vendor business. All of them appear to be so damn busy they can't return calls, emails and it takes weeks or months to get product. These people much be making money by the truck loads! It either that or they are running these businesses with three people so they don't have to pay salaries or carry health ins. I'm going to go with a combination of both!

If by chance this Shaker does not make it to my door by Weds of next week, I WILL be calling my credit card co and cancelling payment. I can guarantee that. I have little patience to begin with, this has pushed what little I have right out the friggen window! Tax season or not, that is not my problem. I placed my order before most people even did their damn taxes, not my issue! Not too mention I was still quoted 4-6 weeks when the order was placed!

You would think these places would consider the fact that they must be aware of forums, facebook etc. Stuff like this has to hurt them in some way. Then again, an eight/nine week wait, I guess not!

Sorry, done for now.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,465 Posts
Sorry for your long wait. Try to calm down, take the Challenger out for a nice drive and remember all the beautiful things you already have on it! Make a choice, wait and not get upset or just cancel and try something else! I know the wait to actually get my car when I ordered it was especially hard. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it will all be worth it etc. I just can not stand being jerked around and I absolutely hate waiting for stuff like this. I never used to be this bad but hey, I am on time table here. LOL Every day that passes I am one day less of driving. I will lose my driver's license soon due to my vision and I want this car done and I want to DRIVE! LOL

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,686 Posts
I had a recent, similar experience with one of the top (and one of the most highly regarded) vendors on the Z for a much smaller item. I ordered it in January and was given runarounds as to when it was going to be ready. I was finally promised it would be shipped to me the week before Spring Festival 9. I called a few days before SF9 and was told that my order was being processed, not shipped, and that I could expect it sometime in April. I was then offered free shipping, but I told the vendor I would prefer a refund and thankfully was granted one.

I am very reluctant to order anything from any site vendors other than AutoAnything or SpeedLogix, and that's only if they have the item in stock and don't have to order it or drop ship it from another site vendor.

Reactions: SRT8U

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
That can get frustrating. I would do what you said. If it does not arrive shortly, cancel the order on your credit card.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
I agree.....my patience would be gone right now too! I think you have been more than patient and I second the decision to cancel the order if it's not on your doorstep next week. This sucks and I'm so sorry for your frustration.

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
always so frustrating for sure. I just ask for them to be upfront and honest. Don't tell me it's going to be X amount of time when you know full well it's going to be way longer, and drop me a line once in a while to give me an update...something so easy would go such a long way with me and my understanding of why it's so delayed. I have an outstanding order from October 18th....yes I am serious. Finally the parts that they have control over were shipped seperately last week, I think...and the parts that were the reason for the delay....I have no idea when they will ship. I'm typically very patient...but that's rediculous...especially considering I paid for the entire order as soon as I completed the order.

I'm done now too!

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem is starting over with another Shaker vendor. Because I WILL have a Shaker hood in this car THIS month! If I have to drive somewhere and pick one up, I will!

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another thing I have NO patience for is when you purchase a part from someone. Whether it's another forum member or ebay. When I commit to buy something, I pay the person IMMEDIATELY! RIGHT THEN AND THERE. I have done on here already a few times. Same thing on ebay. I click on something I want and I pay for RIGHT THEN!

Now, in doing so, as the buyer, I expect the seller to then ship that item the next day and then send me tracking info IMMEDIATELY! UNLESS, the person tells me before I buy it, look, if you buy this from me I can't ship this thing until 5-10 days from now because of xxx. Otherwise, I expect people to ship it as I mentioned above, BECAUSE, that is what I do when I sell something!

I guess it all goes back to the lack of patience for me but to be honest for me it goes back to when we were restoring our 68 Firebird and we started buying parts here and there whenever we could. We didn't have hardly any money to put into our car because we had three kids at home, but when we had extra money and ordered a part, we were excited and couldn't wait to get it. Then to have a seller or a vendor sit on your money or part for days, weeks etc. was just a slap in the face and it was always such a let down it seemed.

Oh well, the ONLY vendor I remember dealing with as far as classic car parts were concerned and who always seemed to have things in stock and shipped immediately was NPD (National Parts Depot). Those guys were awesome, and for classic Pontiac parts, Ames up in NH. Other than that, forget it!

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Try to hang in.....we're here though if you need to vent!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I completely understand. I ordered a simple Drake fuel door from Speedlogix Feb. 12th. I was given no indication at the time of order that the product was on back order. I even personally spoke to a representative about the shipping. When the product finally arrived it had a horrible black finish on it. Bare metal showing through. I had to wait well over a week just to get a return label sent to me. Shipped the product back very same day label was received. I am still waiting. It is now April. 7 weeks and counting. Speedlogix did offer me a refund several weeks back. I should have taken them up on it. I just figured I have already waited this long...

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,686 Posts
I shared some ranted thoughts about vendor responsiveness with Andy (Northernhawk) the other day. Not all, but several vendors on this site seem to run their businesses like a hobby or side business. I get the feeling that a lot of these businesses are small and their owners don't rely on them for their chief source of income.

I also get the uneasy feeling that these small vendors prioritize their orders by taking care of their large customers first (who are sometimes also vendors on this forum) at the expense of their individual customers. While this is an understandable business decision, there is no excuse for not updating your customers with a personal e-mail. Facebook or twitter broadcasts are not sufficient forms of customer service. I should not have to call a vendor after my email goes unanswered, and I should not have had to initiate an email to begin with.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The only thing about that is the person that ordered that same part or will order it will get it right away if you cancel and you will have waited so long for nothing. I realize how irritating it can be and I in the same situation recently( not from a site vendor) became highly pissed. So I do feel your frustration. Just hang in there and when it does come, the wait will not seem as bad.:smileup:

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for listening. I am going with my plan. If it's not here by Weds of next week, I WILL cancel! Period! Not putting up with the BS anymore. Going forward I will ask if the part is in hand and when it will ship and when I will receive a tracking number. If and when those things do not happen, I WILL call my credit card co and stop the payment. Period! This will be by mode of operation going forward. I will not be jerked around ever again I can tell you that.

Not car related but I just ordered a high end bread maker for my wife. Same BS, waited and waited, no email with conformation on shipping etc. Make a very long story short, I stopped the payment as per credit card co rules, bread maker showed up 14 weeks later. I called the company and told them to send a return label, that was a month ago. I sure the hell WILL NOT be paying to ship it back and my credit card co said they will not bill me for it because I followed their rules to the "T" on cancelling etc.

By the way, the bread is out of this world. I am not one to steal or cheat anyone, if and when they send the return label, they WILL get their machine back! Until then, you should try the banana bread!

·
Registered
313 Posts
2013HemiorangeRT, I can fully understand your dissapointment and frustration. Is there some reason you cannot drive the car now, as is, since you mentioned it in an earlier post? I would continue to drive the heck out of it, as is.

3.5 yrs ago, I was in a similar quandry: I had purchased a MOPAR accesory hood (T/A hood). I had a B3 70 340 six pack car in the 80's and wanted to make a clone of it with my B5. I had bought the decals, a black SRT spoiler, and the apprioriate Nate emblems to go with it. I paid for it in march with my income tax through one of the MOPAR parts vendors that had a very good reputation. I waited until August and then cancelled my order after being told it was still on backorder with no expected delivery date. On top of things, my father was diagnosed with blood cancer and not expected to live long. I dearly wanted to show him my new version of my old car and to take him for a ride so we could bond. After cancelling, I ordered from Cervini's. i was told it would arrive the second week in Sept. It didn't. It was received at the body shop, two days after I returned to see my Dad (1st week in October). Turned out to be an issue with one of the paint guys getting sick and putting their whole assemble/order process behind by several weeks. I still got to drive the car with him (the last time I did) and we had a great time, new hood or not. When I returned home, the hood was waiting on me and I had it installed. My point being, life goes on; being impatient is not going to improve the situation or get you your hood any quicker. Calm down & deal with it and in the end you'll be much happier. It will be worth the wait, I guarantee you.

In the meantime, do not email Cervini's. Experience has shown me, they do not monitor their emails. I would call them everyday (once a day) and leave a message on the AM, until I got a person on the phone and fax them every other day, requesting a personal contact. I have found them to be reputable, albeit sometimes slow on the response; but, in the end, they have come through. I am sure they are doing their best to make you a happy customer. Sometimes things happen on their end that are not explained, that when they are explained are fully resaonable to account for the delay.

Lastly, as Hemigoblen said, consider this: if you cancel, you are still without a hood and someone else will purchase the one made for you. In the meantime, trying to go to another vendor, will put you back even futher in your wait.

My advice, from personal experience, take a deep breath, step back from your credit card, have a beer (if you can or want to). After you have calmed down, take a nice long drive and enjoy what you already have. Marvel in the ride. When you get back, thank God for the opportunity to be able to enjoy something that gives you great joy. You new hood will arrive and this will all be in the past, before you know it. :smileup: B5RT

Reactions: HemiMetal

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I will say one thing, Cervinis has answered my emails and answered the phone EVERY time I have contacted them. That has NEVER been and issue! My issue is simply the fact that I placed an order going on 9 weeks ago for something that IS in stock ready to ship. The issue has been paint. Ok, if you are that back logged on paint work, hire more painters. If tax season is always an issue, ramp up, prepare. When I was a store manager for Circuit City, we always knew when our busy time of the year was coming and we hired and ramped up! The problem is, these shops now want to keep going with the same amount of employees to push their profits up etc. As someone mentioned above, several of these vendors now run these business as a side line/hobby etc. and run them on skeleton crews or by themselves. Oh well, I have a new strategy going forward, if it doesn't work for the vendor/seller, then I steer clear. Luckily I am winding down at this point anyway, mod money is pretty much toast...

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
think of it like this, in a few weeks it will be over , the hood will be installed and you'll be very happy! believe me i get you. i ordered something for my car 2 weeks ago that was supposedly ''in stock'' . after i bought it thru paypal i get an email from the company saying they just sold the last one and they will be getting it out to me in 3-5 weeks. at first i got pissed but you know what? getting pissed and canceling the order is not going to help me. i'll get it soon enough and i'll be happy once its installed! be patient it will benefit you in the end. but you can vent all you want to us! we all understand!

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
I'm thinking that the painting process for your kit is what is driving the lengthy wait. There may be a large backlog in the paint shop. I ordered an unpainted Cervini hood for my wife's car and it was shipped and delivered in about ten days time.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes I understand and I agree. I just can't believe how these vendors pull this crap and how we as customers have come to accept it. We have become conditioned to this stuff to the point where we expect it and tolerate it and it's just the norm. Just seems odd to me but sadly there is no end in sight. Oh well, off to Daytona for the afternoon for a drive and lunch with the wife. Been waiting for the hood to get some nice shots of the car on the beach to post! Oh geese, here I go again, waiting for the hood. LOL

1 - 20 of 134 Posts