Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Loudest would probably be one of the flowmasters (otherwise known as blowmasters), but for good flow use a Magnaflow. I have a 76 Vette that I put a top end kit, aluminum heads, Lunati bracket master II cam, headers w/2 1/2" exhaust and Magnaflows. My Challenger has stock shorties, high flow cats w/3" exhaust and flowmasters, sad to say my Vette sounds better. It's not quite as loud but then the muffler is a bit smaller, the cubic inches are smaller and well it's just not a Hemi LOL. I will be installing Magnaflows on in the not too distant future, hopefully but my bank account will have to replenish after my cam install that will happen soon - hopefully soon!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
There are so many options to choose from. You have Flowmaster, Magnaflow, Borla, etc...You have to ask yourself how much do you want to spend and how loud do you want it?

Some simply like to remove the muffler or resonators even both in some cases. I would venture over to youtube and look at videos of Challenger exhaust to get an idea of what you want to do.

On my 2015 RT+ I had the Mufflers and Resonators removed and it was wicked loud and sounded good to me..

Reactions: ramon chavez

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are so many options to choose from. You have Flowmaster, Magnaflow, Borla, etc...You have to ask yourself how much do you want to spend and how loud do you want it?

Some simply like to remove the muffler or resonators even both in some cases. I would venture over to youtube and look at videos of Challenger exhaust to get an idea of what you want to do.

On my 2015 RT+ I had the Mufflers and Resonators removed and it was wicked loud and sounded good to me..
I have these dynomax race bullet mufflers on my slp 1 exhaust with high flow magnaflow cats but car starting to sound lil raspy lately not sure what it is but I thought of starting off with replacing my mufflers first .. Want a setup that'll hit car alarms in the am just by cruising down the street ...lol

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I have these dynomax race bullet mufflers on my slp 1 exhaust with high flow magnaflow cats but car starting to sound lil raspy lately not sure what it is but I thought of starting off with replacing my mufflers first .. Want a setup that'll hit car alarms in the am just by cruising down the street ...lol
There is a place in town that I frequent if I am in the neighborhood. It is a strip of small antique stores and a popular restaurant that is located underneath an overpass. I drive under and ride out first gear and ALWAYS set off a car alarm or two, the exhaust on these SP sounds fantastic stock, I am not touching it.

Reactions: AirborneSilva

·
Premium Member
12,168 Posts
BORLA ATAK with CUTOUTS!!!:eek:
Exactly what Mom said.... It is always best to heed the advice of a mother.... Which I did and which I now have....

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I have Flowmaster Outlaw cat back, which they advertise as their most "aggressive" sound. The previous owner of my Challenger installed them.

Yes they are LOUD when you put your foot into it. But the sound tames down if you are just driving normally. I could honestly cruise down my street at midnight and not worry about waking up the neighbors.

They do have a bit of a drone at around 2k rpm. Doesn't really bother me because my Jeep is noisy as hell at all speeds, so I'm used to loud vehicles LOL, and in comparison my Challenger is super quiet... I also just turn the radio up and the drone magically disappears.

On the upside, it sure is fun to hear that sound when I pull away from a stop light, or when I go to pass someone.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Reactions: ramon chavez
1 - 18 of 18 Posts