Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 12 80.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that lowering your challenger makes it perform better, but I also heard that it allows you to feel all the bumps. What do you think of lowering springs? Do they really ruin stock struts?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Is your poll asking if we like our lowering springs or if we think they ruined the struts? Lowering my R/T was one of the best mods I ever did....I used the Eibach Pro kit......big difference in handling, no problems with struts, alignment, or balance.

·
Knight of the black asphalt.
8,582 Posts
Lowering my Challenger, yes. But there is more to it than just springs.

·
Premium Member
12,627 Posts
Lowering my Challenger, yes. But there is more to it than just springs.
Mikey is spot on with this deal... he has done allot of research on this deal....

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
55,190 Posts
If you really want to improve handling you want the complete package springs,shocks, sway bars, strut braces, bushings and an alignment with no more than 2 degrees of negative camber and finally really sticky tires.And yes the ride will be much stiffer and probably induce interior rattles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you really want to improve handling you want the complete package springs,shocks, sway bars, strut braces, bushings and an alignment with no more than 2 degrees of negative camber and finally really sticky tires.And yes the ride will be much stiffer and probably induce interior rattles.
Sorry your right, I was trying to get ideas on whether it's a good idea to lower, pros and cons, thanks for your support

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
If you desire ease & ride comfort; don't lower the car.

If you prefer the performance factor; it's a must to lower the Center Of Gravity. Strut Tower Braces & other performance enhancements are a must!
Don't do one thing without the entire setup.

My 2009 R/T ('Cuda Tribute Edition) was Lowered one month after I got it in May 2009. I've had no problems with the setup, and I've driven it cross- country to Cali from Dallas TX (3000 miles round trip) once each year (for the Annual SpringFest of LX's).

Enjoy The RIDE...

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
I want to lower mine, but mine is a daily driver, including snow. I am leery of doing it.
As a Daily Driver; it'll function well.
UNLESS, there are prominent and profound amounts of road damage, or street construction in our vicinity! Then it's like serious Baby-Sitting Duty! And, on roads & streets you ARE NOT familiar with; driving is a risk. SMH
PLUS; NIGHT-DRIVING is a real guessing game with pot-holes and road debris. CRINGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had some of these issues in the North Texas (Dallas / Fort Worth area), we have the crappiest roads & highways and continuous Freeway/Highway/Tollway construction expansions for the last few years (and still in progress). Due to constant construction on the freeways I have experienced a puncture in a GAS TANK ($1300 damage & replacement: Insurance took care of it). It would've sliced the tank either way (stock height or lowered), because our Tanks are made of PLASTIC.

But, Just think; since you are in Maryland you can use your Lowered Challenger as a SNOW PLOW when in need. LOL

I really think your location and daily use may dictate which choice you actually make.

Mine isn't a daily driver; I just can't stay out of it on a NICE DAY! LOL 157,333 miles and still Hard-Charging!!!

Reactions: bruce beavers
1 - 11 of 11 Posts