Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,460 Posts
A lot of people are lowering their Challengers(not just the shakers). You can put the SRT Suspension Springs and lower it about an inch. The Eibach Pro Kit or the Hotchkis Sport will give you about 1.5 to 2 inches. Coilovers will allow you to dial in what you want.

BBChallyR/T and Vessago went the Hotchkis route and are very happy with what they got. Give them a PM for particulars.

I did the BC Coilovers and Hotchkis Sway Bars. I wanted a slight rake to the car so I lowered it 2 1/2 inches in front and 1 1/2 inches in rear. I had to use alignment bolts in the front and eccentric bushings in the back to get the camber and toe right after I let it settle in for about 600 miles. Now the alignment is dead on. I also have the ability to dial in the dampening on my shocks. I like a firmer ride on it so they are set at 17 out of 30.

I am having no rubbing issues with my tires(255/45-20) and an added benefit of filling up the wheel wells better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mopar Stage 1 springs are a good choice - I have them on my Shaker. Lowers the car about 3/4" both front and rear from the stock height with the factory STP springs. Ride is a bit firmer, but not objectionably so. The wheels fill the wheelwell now, and the stance of the car is more aggressive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lowered

I used the MOPAR Stage II coilovers. Lowered it about 2.5". Did the MOPAR sways and strut tower braces too. Love the way it drives! no rubbing and have had no clearance issues using good sense. :smileup:

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
I used the MOPAR Stage II coilovers. Lowered it about 2.5". Did the MOPAR sways and strut tower braces too. Love the way it drives! no rubbing and have had no clearance issues using good sense. :smileup:
I did the Hotchkis, it lowered it 2.7 in the rear and 1.4 in the front. the car looks and rides excellent.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Polisher, you switched your wheels and spoiler?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Polisher, you switched your wheels and spoiler?
I needed to change the wheels because I did a complete Brembo brake upgrade, the hursts are only temporary, I have a set of Schott Mach V being made for it in the Black ceramic and polished to match the car, I changed the rear spoiler because this one has a more aggressive look to it, since the pics were taken I also have had a 392 chin spoiler put on, a Rolling Thunder Exhaust cat back done and made an appointment at Arrington for headers, polished & ported heads, a lopey 274 cam, ported intake and their new throttle body, it will be one bad Shaker when it's done.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Thinking about lowering my Shaker a little bit any ideas?

:smileup: That's good thinking.

I'm sure you've taken a curve in your STOCK HEIGHT Challenger at a high rate of speed. :hah:Did you feel the left or right rear wheel lift up; like a dog getting ready to take a piss. :shakehead:

Well, that will go away once the center of gravity is lowered.:naughty:

I lowered my R/T 5 years ago with Eibach Pro Lowering Kit (initially; 1 1/2").
* MoPar Heavy-Duty (thicker) Sway Bars (front & bacK).
* Razors Edge Strut Tower Braces (front & back).
* Police Pursuit Package (replaced Torsion Bars, Control Arms).
* American Racing (Staggered Wheels 8.5 Front & Tires 245/45/20)(10.0 Rear & Tires 295/40/20).
Once the car settled; it is about a 2" drop... (SaaaaaaaWeeeeeeeet)

By the way; I've had my Camber Kit (they're still in the box) for 5 years, and have not needed to install it at all. Tires wear well with NO issues at all.

This BEAST hunts down & devours curves, and is HAPPIEST entering & exiting them!!!

Reactions: hemithis

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
can just the back be lowered?
I like the front but not the back.
thanks
Checkout coilovers. I put BC Racing Coilovers on my R/T in July '13. They are both hieight and ride comfort adjustable.

You can set the height for each corner, so you can set the front so it is not as low as the rear.

Mine is an '09, I had to replace the front upper a-arms and have adjustable rear bushing installed to keep from wearing out the inside of my tires from excessive camber.

Here's my thread:
http://www.challengerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=94649

Bob

·
Registered
141 Posts
Dang, I've been thinking about lowering my shaker car but many of the owners said don't do it as you will start scraping the undercarriage in driveways, speed bumps, ect. Any of you with lowered cars having issues with scraping?

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
I'm down 2" with no scraping of my undercarriage. You do have to be vigilant going up driveways, and going over dips in the road, but nothing extreme. Totally worth the drop!

Reactions: Dodgeguy

·
Registered
352 Posts
moparx2 them rear tires fill out the wells nicely.. im running 275/40 rear and 255/40 fronts .only im on staggered vipers,im liking how that 295/45 fills outs.

im on sportlines, with adjustable upper control arms on the front,and camber bolts on the rear,my rear camber was only out .02 so bolts did the trick. im happy with the stance on my car but if i had to do it over id go coilovers ,bc most likely as ive had them on other cars in the past and was pleased. only good thing about doing springs is if i blow a strut its a easy change out to a new one

1 - 16 of 16 Posts