Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi! Been around the LS camp for a bit, had many Fbodies, currently for the last 11 years have a 2002 Trans Am WS6, sbe LS1, H/C/I, N/A , A4 full leather interior with suspension work and drag set up, it’s a driver not trailered 3670 race weight.. 1.4x 60’s best 10.9 @122, 6.9’s @97 in 1/8..
Now ..
Bought a 2016 Scat pack A8.. Bright white with 9k miles love the car! Not sure how much I’ll mod it but it’s going to the track! I’ll bother you guys a lot with questions, I did the whole trial and error thing with the Trans Am.
So far I did HC air box and I have a 3” Magnaflow competition catback, ordered .. headers soon! not sure what to do about mid pipes
Can I use the stock mid pipes with headers?? Don’t think the diameter will be right
Any truth to stock cars flowing better than hi flows? With proof? I ask because I read a lot on another forum but basically word of mouth.
Tune? FYI Cam in future maybe a stall and gears
I can send my PCM and it get unlocked and go with hp tuners? Any guys tune your own or hemifever the go to?
Oh and school me on wheel hop?! Diff brace?trailing arms? or which ,

·
Mr. Bill
2009 SRT8
4,478 Posts
Welcome from the Eastern Shore of Virginia.
Some will be along to answer or comment on your Horse Power mods.
The first sure shot is on the Diablo PCM and Tuner. Hemifever will hook you up.
Then you can figure out how to get the rear to hook up. :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Congrats on the Scat. I was in the LT1 camp vs LS1. I had a 2015 Scat A8 for a short bit and these cars are amazing stock. Good luck with the mods and keep us posted.

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Challenger Rt
157 Posts
Shouldn’t have to worry about wheel hop with a set of drag radials and an auto. I think a lot of the questions you just need to figure how fast you want to go. My experience high flow cats are a little better then stock and no cats are better then high flows. Cousin had a scat he swapped 3.91 gears in. Drag radials. Skinnies. Long tubes. No cats. Hc eyemod. Rear seat out went 11.31 best. Stock suspension. Stock intake and throttle body etc etc. welcome aboard.

·
Now that was dumb!
6,014 Posts
Welcome from NE Ohio. As to wheel hop on MoPars. Since forever keeping the feet on the ground with a MoPar has been a problem, I know hadd'em since 1966. Used Traction Masters and now Drag radials. Guess what? Only way Ramchargers and Golden Commandos controlled wheel hop was to move the rear axle forward. Good Luck on that part ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanx guys, I read in other sites that stock cats flow very well even Better than after market.i asked for any real proof and no one answered . I know there’s other areas to post questions, I wanted track guys who do this stuff and test it, because that’s how I am! .. anyone who wants to share experience, let me know , I’ll prolly hold off on a cam until spring but think I’ll need an unlocked pcm for headers and whatever midpipe I decide .. my good friend is my tuner, lots of experience with LS , this will be a learning curve but. Its not foreign, probably won’t go with Diablo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts