M6 SCAT BRACKET RACING STREET STICK CLASS

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger Drag Racing Discussion' started by GARRETTECH, May 4, 2017.

1. GARRETTECH

GARRETTECH Member Site Supporter Level 5 MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    CHALLENGER
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Jazz Blue Pearl
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    forgot pics....no pics and it didnt happen :confused:

[​IMG]

my matchup, same car, both stick but his was a shaker and running 18"DRs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

time trial vs a '70 Challenger RT 440 6 pak....that car flies, 12.1x @ 120 on stock tires

[​IMG]

pretty shiny :cool:

2. GARRETTECH

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    CHALLENGER
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Jazz Blue Pearl
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    WEDNESDAY NIGHT STREET STICK POINTS....ANOTHER RUNNER UP....BUT RETOOK THE POINTS LEAD

My third bracket race in a row getting runner-up.....I gotta figure out a way to close these deals. But on the bright side, today when they updated the points I saw that I am in first, only one point ahead of second and 2 points ahead of third.....I also have to learn how to beat these imports in the finals!!

to the racing

really nice night....DA ranged from 1589 at the start of the night and fell to 567 and 55 degrees. in between the 2nd and 3rd rounds, a test and tune diesel truck broke and dropped some fluid that took over an hour to clean up, which sucked, but it did bring in cooler air to mess with everyone

timetrials.....RT / 60' / ET / MPH

-.098 / 1.878 / 12.687 / 109.75
    -.025 / 1.887 / 12.679 / 110.45

was having some trouble with the lights which I didnt expect after racing on the street tires and using a protree the week before but I was way early both TTs. I knew I had to back off and readjust and remember how hard it launches and how different the 60' is with the DRs

ELIMS
    I dialed a 12.65 after those first 2 TTs, The lights might have been bad but the car was ready to roll with every increment of the 2 runs being right on each other

.161 / 1.882 / 12.597 / 111.68....raced a mustang and he redlighted, so as soon as I saw the win light, for a change, I maintained focus and had a clean pass and used that run as I should, a third timetrial. I broke out and also picked up 1.5 MPH so I figured I would dial down

12.60 dial
    .115 / 1.986 / 12.958 / 94.52....another mustang....she missed a shift and good thing for me with that light and 60' combo, I could have been in trouble.

.142 / 1.834 / 12.742 / 98.99....I raced the honda that I lost to the week before in the finals. My light really sucked but my 60' picked up. He really spun, so much so I could hear his tires squealing. This guy rarely makes these mistakes but once I caught him he couldnt do anything with me and the MPH this car can make.

the finals....total operator error....I was matched against a toyota supra (who is now 2nd in points). My terrible lights were in my head and after I did my burnout, me thinking about them was compounded by the starter stopping me and grabbing the mop and spray can to clean up something right at the line. I lost all focus, and when I got staged I pulled up the RPMs and sat there and then said no, gotta rev higher, and just had waaaay too much going on in my head....resulting in the redest redlight I may have ever had in an elim

-.112 /1.872.....as soon as I redlit, I completely bailed on the pass, running about 18 seconds.

so, a good points night, a good result night....but I am going to have a stretch where I am not making these finals and there are some points and cool ass trophies that I am leaving on the table....no racing until next wednesday, I have some house/yard stuff to do this weekend!

video link of the third round against the honda....see how this works

3. 70barcuda

70barcuda Senior Member MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2014 Core SRT
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SRT-8
    Color?:
    TorRed
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    Congratulations on moving into first in the points Rob, nice job. :cool:

GARRETTECH likes this.
  4. 245pacer

245pacer Active Member Site Supporter Level 3 MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    SRT
    Trim?:
    SRT-8
    Color?:
    Sublime
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    Good stuff , what happened to your DR's ?
    You know the brown ones :D:D

GARRETTECH likes this.
  5. GARRETTECH

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    CHALLENGER
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Jazz Blue Pearl
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    thanks Jon, like I said tho, leavin points on the table that may haunt me. The points are 10 for taking the first elim, then 10 more for winning first round, then 11 for each round after. Its very tight and in one bad week could swing like 4 places in the standings. Weve had 5 races and 4 different winners so far. The guy that won twice is in 4th in points!

I forgot all about that pacer....I kind of left that hanging! So, Jegs was more than willing to take them back.....even after mounting tires and tracking them. They said they grabbed 3 random Racestar Black wheels, put them in the sun, and all 3 had the exact same look. They contacted Racestar and they said it was something to do with the basecoat (duh). So, I said it would be nice if they said that before you bought them which Jegs also agreed with. So Jegs said, how much would it be for me to just keep them. So, I said half price.....then a couple days went by and they called me and said would I take 275 bucks....now, if I kept them I wouldn't have to have relatively new tires unmounted then remounted on the new wheels, no return hassles, don't have to worry about availability (I know they didn't have the polished in stock, and these wheels with this bolt pattern are not available in the gunmetal which is what I would really prefer anyway). So, I told them I thought they were being fair and I would take the 275. Figure I will just keep them and if someday they make this wheel available in the gunmetal I would get that and I can sell these wheels now for like 100 a piece. It really is a direct sunlight shot that is the only time it shows up. Angled sun, shade, night, etc etc they are black as night. As a matter of fact I have only seen it happen 3 times since I got them (but I am also mainly racing at night).....but its definitely there and Im glad Jegs didn't try to poo poo it and took my concerns seriously and actually agreed with me every step of the way....that's why I just took their offer. the wheels cost 680 for the pair, I asked for 340 off, they offered 275 and their offer means Im not spending 50 bucks to unmount and remount the new tires

6. GARRETTECH

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    CHALLENGER
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Jazz Blue Pearl
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    THE BROKEN RECORD CONTINUES....4 RUNNER UPS IN MY LAST 4 BRACKET RACES (3 IN A ROW IN THE WEDNESDAY POINTS )

so, this was the classic, 'sometimes its better to be lucky than good! I decided during the week to do something a little different and see how the car would react. I always get Sunoco Ultra, 93 octane with 10% ethanol for my car and when I show up at the track I am usually right around 1/4 tank. The next county over from me has a gas station the sells 91 octane but ethanol free. Since I now work in that county I figured I would give that a try and I ran my car bone dry and filled it up Monday. Problem number one was that Tuesday I couldnt take my car to work because of the weather so when I showed up at the track Wednesday, I had way more gas than usual....almost 3/4 tank....so I was carrying a pretty good amount of weight more than usual. I dont know if it was the gas, the weight, or a combo but the car was off

TIMETRIALS

DA was decent from 1775 at the start of the night to 979 for finals RT / 60' / ET / MPH

.036 / 1.995 / 12.961 / 109.31....this slip really surprised me being that slow so I figured, Im already carrying the weight so I went and got a couple gallons of 105 race gas and drove around the pits like a nascar driver trying to clean off the tires trying to slosh the gas around and get the mixed fuel up to the injectors. In the meantime my buddies mustang broke a rear end so he aired up the tires and nursed the car home.....he made it but the shop told him today that he broke a couple teeth.

.003 / 1.942 / 13.758 / 105.90....i missed the 1-2 shift but my light was off the charts and I got my first bye run of the year for best reaction time of second timetrial (only second timetrial counts for the bye). I figured excellent, I now have a third timetrial since I have no idea what to dial

ELIMS

I threw a 12.80 dial on the car even though it didnt matter first round since I was getting a bye

.091 / 1.910 / 13.940 / 86.14.....well, that is NOT how to take a run with a first round bye. missed the 2-3 shift this time....so now I am really wondering WTH for the dial so I left the 12.80

.160 / 1.891 / 12.925 / 103.88....the RT sucked but his sucked more. Finally had a good 60, and a clean shifting run but still didnt have a clue about the dial since I was way outta the gas....beat a newer camaro on this run

.177 /1.846 / 13.157 / 90.10...once again, my RT sucked but his was off the charts bad, .5xx so I caught him real easy and coasted....beat a 90's mustang this run

to the finals....was racing a new gen ZL1 camaro. pretty fast car and I lost to him in the first round earlier in the year. Last year in the final race of the season he was 4th in points and I was 5th about 5 points behind him and we got matched up in second round....so the winner was going to get 4th for the year and the other was getting 5th. He missed a shift and I beat him.....and then I paid him back

.228 (WTF), 1.908 / 13.700 / 103.01....terrible terrible reaction and then on top of it I missed ANOTHER 2-3 shift, his light wasnt much better with a .180 but I blew it

good news is that I put a bigger cushion in points between me and second place (from 1 point last week to 24 points and 3rd/4th are tied 33 points behind me....made getting a runner up much easier to take. all those guys lost in either the 1st or 2nd round.

The missed shifts bothers me. Im pretty sure its operator error and just a bad lack of rhythm night....but im not going to take any chances. I called tremec and they recommend Mobil 1 dexron III for their transmissions (even though chrysler says dexron VI....so, Im going to get 4 quarts and drain the fluid just to make sure I dont see any chunks coming out, and for this fluid cycle I am going to go with tremecs recommendation. I switched to Royal Purple last M6 I had but that Is pricey. I am thinking, the way Im driving the car, the more reasonable Mobil 1 and I may just make it a much more often change. See how things go.

next week is halfway....week 7 of 14

in the staging lanes
    [​IMG]

cdahl383, NEPA SCAT, Parrish and 2 others like this.
  7. 245pacer

245pacer Active Member Site Supporter Level 3 MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    SRT
    Trim?:
    SRT-8
    Color?:
    Sublime
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    Still the man to beat . Keep pushing and improving.

8. 70barcuda

70barcuda Senior Member MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2014 Core SRT
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SRT-8
    Color?:
    TorRed
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    Seems you did pretty good despite all the problems. :cool: I've had pretty good luck running ethanol free Sunoco fuel but it does sound like you had some kind of an issue there, if it came from a station your not familiar with you never know if it's really the quality advertised. I've known of some stations that added water to their fuel, you know selling water is a much higher profit margin than gas (this is of course unethical but it happens). That said I like to run Sunoco GTX, I think it's 98 octane, unleaded and no ethanol, they also make a nice 100 octane unleaded fuel but it has ethanol.

9. GARRETTECH

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    CHALLENGER
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Jazz Blue Pearl
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    Yea Jon, thats what I meant by being lucky and not good. Except for the final, I was committing errors when it didnt matter. When I really needed clean passes I did it....but it sure made my dial a challenge. To tell the truth I still dont know if that was a good dial LOL.

The gas I got was from a stewarts chain (all over NY). Finding ethanol free around here is almost impossible. Those Sunoco brands arent even available. The only places I know of are at the track. I am ending that experiment quickly. I will do experimenting after the points season. It wasnt that fair of a test though only because I really did have a ton of gas in the tank.

haha I do like being chased Pacer! I may race sunday in the regular points day for pro and superpro to just put me in my place. they are doubling the payout to 2000 so, for 70 bucks to enter I might go throw my hat in the ring. Definitely a step up in competition. I could also just enter the open trophy, but for that much money Im leaning that way

also.....A WEEK FROM SUNDAY, JUNE 25th IS MOPAR DAY AT ISLAND DRAGWAY.....WHOS GOING????

70barcuda likes this.
  10. Bear

Bear Member

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    2016 Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    B5 Blue
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto

Maple groove also has their Mopar weekend with Friday being the Modern hemi shootout. I'm looking to make one of these events. Maybe I will see you out there.

GARRETTECH, Parrish and 70barcuda like this.
  11. GARRETTECH

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    CHALLENGER
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Jazz Blue Pearl
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    Hey Nick, long time!! Since Englishtown with your daughter! I would love to go to Maple Grove but my niece is graduating Saturday....but I am going to be at Island Sunday if your up for that. The time is right too since the gates open at 10 and racing starts at noon....could be a long Saturday LOL.

https://www.challengerforumz.com/th...-dragway-nj-june-25th-2017-whos-going.124755/

12. GARRETTECH

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    CHALLENGER
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Jazz Blue Pearl
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    THE BAD....AND THE GOOD

I havent updated this diary of mine for 2 weeks because I had things going on (with the car) and wanted to sort it out and have answers before updating. Since the last post I raced twice and we start with the BAD

Wednesday night points race on June 21st. Race 7 of 14.....and I lost first round. I maintained the points lead thanks to the guy in 2nd losing first round also, but the guy that was in 3rd jumped to 2nd and is only 12 points behind. The week before I got runner up but felt very fortunate to do it given I missed a shift on the 2nd timetrial, and missed a shift in the first round but it was a bye run, and missed one in the final. So, out of 6 runs, I missed 3 shifts (and they were different gears). On this race day, things continued. I missed a shift on BOTH timetrials, had no idea what to dial, then ran a clean run but had a terrible light and got bounced 1st round. So, suddenly that was a lot of missed shifts after having zero for a very long time.

I decided to change the fluid and talked to another guy at tremec. He suggested I use mopars recommendation just for warranty reasons. So I got the 4 quarts of Mopar ATF+4. I cleaned my drain pan real good because I wanted to know if any chunks came out. The first thing that I did was use a piece of plastic so I could direct the fluid to the pan better than the ridiculous way Dodge wants you to drain it all over the crossmember and it worked great.....and here is something for all the 6 speed guys.....I used the thin plastic (think one of those paper thin highly flexible cutting boards), jammed it up there and used a spring clamp to hold it on the crossmember. Then I pulled the plug and instead of just removing it, I held it right against the drain hole so it was coming out slowly. It doesnt take too long since its only 4 quarts and tranny fluid flows pretty fast. Hope Im describing that good. And here is a tip that I thought of that I have never heard before....for anyone changing any fluid.....my dog that recently died was having trouble holding it for a couple months so I was buying wee wee pads and he was using them and making my life easier. Well, there were 5 left and I threw them down before draining the fluid and all I can say is, I will be buying another box just for the garage. That beats the crap outta spilling stuff on the floor and using cat litter. On this fluid change I did a great job of getting it all in the pan but the few drops that didnt hit those pads, slid them out, rolled them up and threw them away. And believe me, they hold a lot of fluid and they have a plastic backing. There is everyones free tip for reading this insane thread LOL.

Now to the next race day.....I went on June 25th (Sunday) to Mopars at Island. I got there about 11:30, beautiful sunny day, and saw a guy I know and his wife who lives very close to me. So we got to hang for the day, He was parked right against the fence at the 1000 foot stripe and It was perfect. The turnout was frankly disappointing....but maybe everyone knew something we didnt know

so right at noon they started the timetrials and I entered the Modern Mopar class. Got to the staging lanes and there were 7 cars, so a 3 round race....not terrible but 9 cars to make it at least 4 rounds woulda been better. there were a couple Chargers, 392 Challengers, a couple Challenger Hellcats and one Mercedes AMG.

took my first 2 timetrials and the transmission shifted like butter again. I was granny shifting but I just needed to be able to shift in anger somewhere before the Street Stick points re-starts next week. I ran a 12.73 and a 12.76 in a DA of +2250. As soon as I pulled back to my spot, it started to drizzle.....then it started to pour.....for 10 minutes a little cell blew through and really soaked the track....like standing water soaked.....but then the sun came back out, even a little breeze and the track crew worked their asses off and got it dried up....Island crew definitely deserves kudos....so after about 2 hours we get called back to staging lanes and now there are only 4 cars in the modern class....3 bailed out during the rain....So, they went back to the timetrials and about the 5th car down the track dropped antifreeze......far down the track because he didnt pull over....so that required almost another hour of cleanup.....as soon as the announcer said antifreeze, 2 guys in the modern class left....so now it was just me and an automatic Yellowjacket 392 car for a winner take all one round race for the trophy So, at 5:15 we got to race, he redlighted and I won and ran another clean shifting 12.65 (to his 12.63) AND THE da HAD CLIMBED TO +2360.

nOW THE TRANNY....WHEN i GOT THE FLUID OUT, i PUT THE FLUID IN AN OLD GALLON JUG FROM OIL AND IT HAS THE QUARTS MARKED ON IT AND just over 3 quarts HAD COME OUT. mY TRANNY WAS ALMOST 25% LOW ON FLUID FROM THE FACTORY.....oops caps....so I went to the dealer and they wrote a repair ticket saying they drained the fluid and only got 3 quarts out so now this is basically recorded for warranty purposes. No real debris came out, just a few little sand grain sized pieces that were not metallic (magnet wouldnt pick them up) but the fluid was pretty burnt. Between the heat cycles I have been putting it through and the fact it didnt have a full fluid load I am thinking it broke down.....so my lesson, If I keep driving this car this way I am going to change the fluid every 5000 miles. Very cheap insurance.

So thats my long winded 2 race diary. Next week points night starts again and we will see how the tranny holds up....and hopefully back to good numbers to post

70barcuda likes this.
  13. GARRETTECH

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    CHALLENGER
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Jazz Blue Pearl
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    BACK AT IT, RACE 8 OF 14

Well after the transmission issues, I am happy to report that since changing the fluid I have run 8 runs and only had an issue on one which was total operator error. That new fluid seems to be doing the trick but I have not flat foot shifted it yet (granny shifted every gear, every run)....that will wait for next week.

I did 2 things a little different to the car this week (small experiments). First I switched from Sunoco 93 octane to Shell 93 with its "v power". I also removed the K&N dropin filter and replaced it with a Hellcat stock paper filter that is supposed to flow more (more than a stock scat / rt filter, dont know about K&N comparison). Im not sold on either thing but changing 2 things at once is very difficult to appraise so for next week I will be going back to the Sunoco

this weeks racing. Went to, and lost in the semis (final 4), to the eventual winner and a previous champ...now the details

DA ranged from +1886 at the start to +1606 last round

Timetrials (RT / 60' / ET / MPH
    .069 / 1.925 / 12.891 / 108.71 The car launched, bogged, and launched....either to fast on clutch or too slow on gas. There was a lot of grip out there
    .046 /1.905 /13.188 /107.49 similar result on launch and this is the run where I blew the 2-3 shift. The good thing about that (if there can be a good thing) was that I was totally blocked out of the shift, zero grinding and given that scenario I chalk that up to complete mistimed clutch/shift. Also the fact that I re-clutched and it went right in 3rd quiet as a mouse.

ELIMS

Dialed a 12.75....and lucky me, I got my second bye of the year for my reaction time in the 2nd timetrial (guys were all over the place at the tree tonight for some reason)

.148 /1.890 / 12.845 / 109.08 So, I took advantage of the bye and had a clean run. Given the conditions and the granny shifting I thought the 12.75 was a little ambitions so I dialed back

12.80 dial
    .101 / 1.919 / 12.891 / 108.86 raced last years champ (and last weeks winner), and I put an end to his little winning streak.

.079 / 1.895 / 12.778 / 110.20 lost to a Corvette. he beat me at the tree (.079 to .053) and he ran a 11.522 on an 11.52 dial.....sometimes there are times you just have to tip your cap and say 'great run' and this was one of those times.

So, no hardware but 2nd and 3rd in points lost first round so I extended my points lead from 12 to 33 points. 6 Races to go

70barcuda, cdahl383 and dodge boy like this.
  14. cdahl383

cdahl383 Senior Member MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2015 Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Sublime
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Nice job man! That's great you're in the lead running a stick shift, that's some very consistent driving there!

I didn't catch what the deal was with your tires further back in the thread? Did you have a problem with the rims or the tires?

That old Challenger running 12.1 at 120mph is impressive too. That guy ought to get some sticky tires, that's a low 11 second car there easily.

Keep up the good work man, you're doing awesome!

GARRETTECH likes this.
  15. GARRETTECH

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    CHALLENGER
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Jazz Blue Pearl
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    hey Carl, yea the class is all stick shifts.....but Im the only Mopar....lots of camaros and mustangs plus cars like jettas, supras, hondas....if its got a stick its welcome!!

yea the wheels from racestar in bright sun went from black to brown. Check out post 10 on this thread, I took a couple pics to send to Jegs and I posted up in the below thread just kinda as a heads up for everyone, and then forgot about the fact that I got a resolution....not perfect but the best one I could really get at this point.

https://www.challengerforumz.com/threads/drag-strip-tire-and-wheel-combination.124012/

yes, that vanishing point challenger was awesome. I have seen that a few times at different events. I cant believe how fast he can get that thing on those tires. I dont know what he has done to the motor internals wise, but it is a 440 6 pack. But your right, with that MPH, I would imagine low 11s pretty easy.

16. cdahl383

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2015 Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Sublime
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    That's pretty cool! Sounds like fun!

That really sucks man. I was debating on getting the Dark Stars for mine but opted for the polished ones since they were a bit cheaper. Sounds like I made the right move.

No kidding, hitting 120mph trap speed is impressive! If he had some sticky tires that MPH is capable of low 11's easily. 11.1-11.4, somewhere in that range.

17. GARRETTECH

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    CHALLENGER
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Jazz Blue Pearl
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    yea, the wheel thing is pretty bizarre only because it doesnt happen more often. I mean, look at the pic in post 46 above, the one in the staging lanes. Look at all the shadows, that wheel in that pic is getting a direct sun shot but looks black as can be.....at this point I have seen it 5 or 6 times...just weird its like having an eclipse, everything has to line up just right. I hope at some point racestar offers the gunmetal finish in our bolt pattern

18. cdahl383

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2015 Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Sublime
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Yeah that's kind of strange. Maybe they'll offer some other options if they become a bigger seller.

GARRETTECH likes this.
  19. GARRETTECH

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    CHALLENGER
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Jazz Blue Pearl
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    BIG SUMMER BREAK...AND A VACA THROWN IN

I havent updated in a few weeks. July 5th was the last race I posted about. The next week was rained out (12th) and the next week was a scheduled week off (19th). So, in an effort to keep sharp I went to the Sunday race on the 16th of July. I entered in the open trophy class and lost first round. Lesson learned here though is that if I go to a Sunday race again, I will enter the pro class. Open trophy is not what it used to be. The cars in there for the most part are full on race cars and I cant for the life of me understand why they are entered in an open trophy class with the money they have sunk in these cars. Every car I ran against in my 3 runs (2 TTs and an elimination) were low 10 second cars. If I am going to run against those cars anyway, I might as well pay another 20 bucks, enter the pro class and try to win 1000 bucks. Not that I care, just wasnt really aware that was how it goes these days. I can get my brains beat in by the pros and feel much better about it LOL.

JULY 26TH STREET STICK POINTS NIGHT.....CHALK UP ANOTHER RUNNER UP

We had 18 cars in the class so for the third time this year it was going to take 5 rounds to win.....and I got 4 of them. Because of the extra round though, I increased the points lead to 66 points. The guy I lost to in the final is the same guy that beat me in the Semis the last race and he went on to win that race. He is a past champ of this class and has now ripped off 2 wins in a row (and I had 2 chances to put a stop to this) and moved himself up to 4th in points. Now to the racing

RT / 60' / ET / MPH
    TIMETRIALS
    .067 / 1.874 / 13.142 / 107.13....MISSED 2-3....AGAIN
    .001 / 1.890 / 12.782 / 110.29....THE BEST REACTION TIME I EVER HAD. I have had 2 .002s before and never had a triple zero. So, that would get me a first round bye...if there were an odd number of cars

ELIMINATIONS
    DIALED A 12.70
    .003 / 1.847 / 12.722 / 101.27....So after having the best reaction time of my life, of course there were an even number of cars. I was about 5th in line in the staging lanes and the way the track does it is they pluck you out to the side and you wait for the end of the line. if there are even number of cars you race the last guy and if there are odd number you get the bye....and I raced a 90's camaro and I killed him at the tree, had a really good 60', and coasted to the win. 12.72 on a 12.70 dial coasting made me dial down

12.65 dial
    .104 / 1.878 / 12.690 / 110.85....got my bye run with the .003 RT from the round before and had a clean pass....but now all free rides are over

.124 / 1.869 / 13.167 / 107.08....I took this run fairly easy because the other guy (90s trans am) red lighted. He knew I had cut 2 double zero lights in a row so I think he was a little jacked up to go LOL

so there was now a final 3 and I already had a bye, a mustang already had a bye, so by default the third guy had the bye so I was matched up against a Mustang who was standing in the final 3.....and this was his first time ever racing in a class. He had done a few test and tunes before. So I was thinking that the other 3 rounds guys were takin this kid lightly like fresh meat so i was not gonna make that mistake

.063 / 1.925 / 12.710 / 111.06...well, I was there for the taking with a mediocre RT and worst 60' of the night (not sure why, didnt feel like I spun)....but my light was better and I was closer to my dial than him and that got me to the finals

.072 / 1.827 / 12.589 / 111.20....I lost on a double breakout...I got treed on this one (he cut an .028 light) and I broke out by just a bit more than him. I also went from my worst 60' of the night in the semis to my best 60' which directly translated to the better ET.

So this week is an off week and starting next week is the last 4 points races of the year in a row. Carrying a 66 point lead (more than 1 race worth) with a smokin hot Corvette who will be breathing down my neck before this is over. He may have won 2 races in a row but because I keep going rounds he has not gained many points on me. If I keep taking care of my own business.....4 races might not sound like much but it is forever and amounts to 1/3rd of the season.

20. Mopar forever

Mopar forever Active Member

Vehicle?:
    challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Sublime
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Man you killing those 00 lights and your bad light was still pretty good. Great job

GARRETTECH likes this.