Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I need help, I have a 2013 Dodge Challenger RT with the MagnaFlow Mufflers Res Delete. Straight pipe(s). They sound ok.......(Could stand to be louder) But It seems as if I get on it hard, It will snort, or I wont get an immediate response! :4-dontknow: In fact I tried to Smash out (take off from standstill) And it felt as if it was going to go to limp mode, or heat soak......Should I have installed the WHOLE EXHAUST, or am I tripping out? The installer said the rest of the piping was good quality, So I had only the mufflers, and deleted the res and stock muffs.......And I also have the R2C Cai. ANY help appreciated!:smileup:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Not the same situation exactly but I hope this helps in some way.

I just put in a Borla Atak Cat BacK system two weeks ago. Previously I had straight through Flo-Pro mufflers with 3' pipes from the mufflers back and deleted the resonators. Sound was OK. Overtime it felt like the car had lost something on the low end. Even with the #2 fuse pull which helped the car did not seem to be nearly as responsive.

Ever since I put in the Borla Atak system the car not only sounds better but it honestly feels like it has gained something on the low end. It feels a lot more responsive.

I don't like to spend other peoples money but if it was me based on your post I would really consider looking into a full cat back system. You said yourself the car could stand to be louder which tells me you like the sound of the car but do not love it.

This is no knock on those with reso deletes or muffler deletes or straight piping etc. I had it and liked it. I just found myself wanting more after awhile.

Considering you have an auto I would seriously consider looking at the Solo Mach X system or the Corsa Extreme. They have the no drone applications for the autos. I have a six speed so I cannot say whether or not Borla has any issues with drone for the Autos or not.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not the same situation exactly but I hope this helps in some way.

I just put in a Borla Atak Cat BacK system two weeks ago. Previously I had straight through Flo-Pro mufflers with 3' pipes from the mufflers back and deleted the resonators. Sound was OK. Overtime it felt like the car had lost something on the low end. Even with the #2 fuse pull which helped the car did not seem to be nearly as responsive.

Ever since I put in the Borla Atak system the car not only sounds better but it honestly feels like it has gained something on the low end. It feels a lot more responsive.

I don't like to spend other peoples money but if it was me based on your post I would really consider looking into a full cat back system. You said yourself the car could stand to be louder which tells me you like the sound of the car but do not love it.

This is no knock on those with reso deletes or muffler deletes or straight piping etc. I had it and liked it. I just found myself wanting more after awhile.

Considering you have an auto I would seriously consider looking at the Solo Mach X system or the Corsa Extreme. They have the no drone applications for the autos. I have a six speed so I cannot say whether or not Borla has any issues with drone for the Autos or not.
Thanks, I think I might just do that. I am actually thinking of the solo performance, or the SLP loud mouth installed. I am going to Texas in a few weeks, and Ill see what my installer says is the better of the 2. I dont want to go Borla or Corsa, because my pockets and my desire for the 2015 is lurking...........so Idk......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts