Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the Magnaflow Axle Back (PN 16881/16882) system on a SRT8 6.1 automatic?

·
2012 RT Redline Tri Coat
3,672 Posts
I am putting the Magnaflow Axle back on my 5.7 in the spring ($550 installed). After talking to my exhaust guy, this is the best option. His store is one block from the Evansville, IN Dodge dealer and has installed hundreds of different exhausts on Challengers and Chargers and said that was the best he has heard thus far.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm going to get the 16882 in a few weeks. Just waiting on the weather to get better so I can crawl under and put it on myself. There is only one "Street Series" video on YouTube on the SRT. It sounds just right to me. I want the stock rectangle tips and not the round tips, hence the 16882.

·
2012 RT Redline Tri Coat
3,672 Posts
The mufflers land where the resonators are. The OEM mufflers are removed and have straight pipe if you look at their drawings and photos.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Got mine installed, did it myself with a jack and a couple jack stands. Plenty enough room to work. Only needed to jack up the back end. It used to be so quiet with the stock resonators that I could not barely hear the car to take off in. (I have a 6m). Now the exhaust note is just right. Smooth and mellow. Wife loves it to, big plus there. I have to say that there is a tiny tiny bit of drone. Nothing to be afraid of at all.

Also, DO NOT use the installation measurements given by Magnaflow. If you do you will cut you pipes to short. I laid my new piping up against the old system and marked the cut off spots. Still scared me to bust out the saws all on it. But it all worked out good. You will find that the measurement in the directions will be about 4 inches off...........So take your time with your measurements, and as they say, "measure 43 times and cut once" and you will be fine.

Call Maryland Speed for the best price out there. Superb, timely service to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I purchased this exhaust for my 2016 scatpack Shaker 392. I was told to make sure I followed the MagnaFlow directions. http://www.hottexhaust.com/content/pdf/19206.pdf
I too don’t want to make a mistake. Do you remember how much you cut from the rear side of the welds? I don’t think you have the actuator valves where the directions say to cut 4 inches behind the weld.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts